Last Updated on April 29, 2020 by Jake
When you’re indoors, you’re looking for a great way to pass the time. After a while, you get tired of both board games and video games.
You want something that keeps you active. But is there a way to be active without going outdoors? Why not play a game of air hockey?
Air hockey is a fun game played by two people that requires skill and adrenaline! It is a great game that has produced many legendary players! If you want to turn your living room into a game room, you’ll want to invest in an air hockey table. But which air hockey table should you buy?
In a Rush? Here’s Our Top Picks:
|Top||ESPN Air Hockey Table with Overhead Electronic Scorer and Table Cover Family Indoor Game 8 Ft.||Check Price on Amazon|
|Atomic Blazer 7’ Air Hockey Table with Electronic Score Keeping||Check Price on Amazon|
|Top||MD Sports Air Hockey Table for Adults and Kids||Check Price on Amazon|
|Top||Playcraft Sport Table Top Air Hockey Table||Check Price on Amazon|
|Top||48" Air Hockey Table With Electronic Scorer||Check Price on Amazon|
|Top||American Heritage Monarch Air-Hockey Table||Check Price on Amazon|
|Top||Hathaway Face-Off 5-Foot Air Hockey Game Table for Family||Check Price on Amazon|
|Top||Triumph Lumen-X Lazer 6’ Interactive Air Hockey Table||Check Price on Amazon|
Choosing the Best Air Hockey Table
What are some things to consider when buying an air hockey table? First, the type of table is important as there are a few different types. Other factors to consider include the table’s size, the table’s build, the puck size and the table motor. Below we will briefly take you through each of these factors.
Types of Air Hockey Tables
The type of air hockey table you choose will depend on your preferences and needs. An arcade-style air hockey table is great for bars and people who want their air hockey tables to be packed with extra features. A multi-games table is great for family entertainment as they allow you to play other games in addition to air hockey.
Arcade-style table – These tables are made for serious gamers or establishments where the table will see frequent use. These tables are built to withstand heavy use. They are also built with powerful blower motors, sound effects, scoring boards, and other cool features. In terms of price, arcade tables are pretty expensive compared to other table types. This is understandable since they offer so much quality and typically come packed with features.
Regular/Basic air hockey table – These are perfect for family game nights and casual gameplay. Basic tables come in different sizes. They usually don’t have the special features found on arcade tables such as an electronic scoring panel, sound effects, or lights. However, they do have blower motors and all the essential features that make the best air hockey tables.
Tabletop air hockey game- This table is terrific for players who don’t have enough space to fit a whole table. They are also perfect for those who wish to play air hockey without breaking the bank. You can place these tabletop air hockey games on any surface – from game tables, dining tables to study tables. They can even be placed on the floor. The only downside of tabletop games is that they aren’t equipped with a blower, so the gameplay has a slower, different feel to it.
Air Hockey Table Features to Consider
Size – Air hockey tables come in different sizes. While large tables may be more fun, they also take up more space. As such, when getting a table, consider the space you have available. How much space for air hockey tables? Tables that are 2 feet or less are usually tabletop games. They are easy to put away and are great for casual gameplay. Tables with lengths of 4 to 6 feet are great for general gameplay. Lastly, tables with lengths of 7 to 8 feet are standard tournament grade tables. These large tables are usually more expensive. A majority of arcade air hockey tables fall within the 7 to 8 feet range.
Construction/Build – It is important to get a table that is well-made if you want a table that will last. The best air hockey tables are made of solid wood. The legs are sturdy and strong. The playing surface needs to be thick – a thickness of 3/4″ is an ideal starting point. Also, tables should be built out with levers that let you easily stabilize your table on the ground.
Air Blower motor – The hockey table needs a motor that provides the air cushion that gives this game its name. A strong motor ensures an even flow of air over the playing surface. A quiet motor ensures you play the game without the disturbance that comes with noisy motors. In addition, the motors may be powered by a battery or via a plug. Large tables require powerful motors that are usually powered via a wall plug. Small tables, on the other hand, may be powered by batteries. There are also tables that can be powered with either batteries or plug-in systems. Most large tables have a 110 to 120 volt motor.
Puck size – The puck size determines on preference. Small pucks move easily, and as such require smaller motors. Large pucks require motors that are more powerful to glide across the playing surface. However, small pucks can easily be blown off the table when hit hard which makes the pace of the game choppy. Large plucks are sturdier and typically aren’t in danger of getting hit off of the table.
Pricing – The price of an air hockey table can vary from as low as under $100 to as much as over $1000. Tabletop games and small sized tables are usually low-priced, while arcade style tables are the most expensive. The price you pay will depend on what you want from the table. As with anything, what you get is for the most part what you pay for when it comes to the best air hockey tables.
Best Air Hockey Table Reviews
Air hockey has a fascinating history. Since its inception in the 1970s, it has become a favorite in many game rooms and in living rooms.
It is a great sport to take up and a great hobby to enjoy with friends. But whether you want to play professionally or just for fun, you’ll want to play to win! There are great air hockey tables always been released.
Getting one that’s right for you will liven up any game night at your home! So if you’d like to get your hands on an air hockey table, here are the best ones out there today:
ESPN Air Hockey Game Table (Best Arcade-Style Air Hockey Table)
- COMPETITION SIZE & STRONG AIR FLOW: This 7’ ESPN hockey table with Arcade design is near tournament size and great for competitive action; it has strong air movement and ships partially preassembled with the hockey accessories needed to start playing
- CRAFTMANSHIP: The hockey table apron is made of MDF and PVC laminated with a gray and red finish. The corners are molded plastic and the playing surface is made of MDF and UV coated with a 12mm air channel for smooth puck movement
- ARCADE-STYLE GAME: The overhead LED electronic scorer with cup holders uses an included plug-in adaptor to power puck sensors that track team scores; a game clock with 3 different time settings; and arcade sound that can be turned on or off with a button
- STABLE LEG DESIGN & ROOM SIZE: The full panel legs are 3/4” thick (18 mm); made of MDF; and have a PVC laminated finish in an ESPN Arcade design; with 6” leg levelers; the recommended room size is 13’ x 8’ to allow for movement around the table
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: The electric air-powered hockey table comes with a complete set of table hockey accessories to start playing right away and includes 4 pucks and 4 pushers for 4-player; team games; or classic one-on-one 2-player games
The ESPN Air Hockey Game Table comes with the sound effects, lights and an LED scoreboard with a timer, expected of an arcade-style pro air hockey table. The length of this table is 84 inches (7 feet) so it has quite a large playing surface. The construction is as sturdy as it gets.
The table itself is made of wood and the playing surface is manufactured of MDF. The playing surface is reinforced and has a top rail. The four corners of the cabinet are further protected with corner caps. It also has cup holders and a storage compartment for the four pucks and pushers that come with it.
The 120-volt air blower creates an even air cushion over the surface, which allows for a fast paced and competitive gameplay.
Dimension- 84 x 48 x 32 inches
Weight – 141 lbs.
Blower – 120V motor blower
Other features – LED scoreboard with timer, sounds, and lights; 3/4″ thick high gloss playfield; 90-day warranty
Why We Recommend
- Air blower is UL certified.
- Features such as LED board, time, sound effects and lighting add to the already entertaining gameplay offered.
- Leg levelers are oversized. This adds more stability.
- Durable built.
Atomic Blazer 7’ Air Hockey Table with Electronic Score Keeping
- Electronic Score Keeping with Rail-Integrated Display
- Heavy-Duty 120V Blower for Fast Play
- Overhang Rails Reduce Puck Bounce
- Leg Levelers Ensure Even Playing Surface
- Can Accommodate a Table Tennis Conversion Top
If you really enjoy fast play and want you and your opponent to constantly be on your toes, then the Atomic Blazer is the air hockey table for you.
It has a 120-volt blower that speeds up the movement of the puck as the player strikes it.
This is a tall and wide air hockey table with a limited playing space, making your game tenser. Scoring is done manually.
If you do not care about scoring or testing out your trick shots and just want an adrenaline-rushed game, then the Atomic Blazer is the best air hockey table for you.
It is lightweight and compact and can easily be fitted to your living room.
MD Sports Air Hockey Table (Best Air Hockey Table for the Money)
- COMPETITION SIZE & STRONG AIR FLOW: This 7’ hockey table with a Modern Arcade design is near tournament size and great for competitive action; it has strong air movement and ships partially preassembled with accessories needed to start playing
- CRAFTMANSHIP: The table apron is made of MDF and PVC laminated with a glossy gray and black finish. The corners are molded plastic; and the playing surface is made of MDF and UV coated with a 12mm air channel for smooth puck movement
- ARCADE-STYLE GAME: The inlaid electronic scorer with LED side rail lights; and sound effects use the included plug-in power adaptor to light up when triggered by the puck catcher sensor. Sound effects can be turned on or off with a button
- STABLE LEG DESIGN & ROOM SIZE: The full panel legs are 1/2” (12mm) thick; made of MDF; and have a gray PVC laminated finish in a Modern Arcade design; with 5” leg levelers; the recommended room size is 13’ x 7.5’ to allow for movement around the table
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: The electric air-powered hockey table comes with a complete set of table hockey accessories to start playing right away and includes 2 pucks and 2 pushers for classic one-on-one 2-player games
This MD Sports Air Hockey Table is one of the best on the market. Special features include a high-gloss scratch-resistive playing surface. The high gloss finish increases puck speed and the scratch resistive nature of the playfield handles heavy use with no problem. The oversized nature of the leg levelers provides better stability and balance.
As expected of an arcade table, it comes with an electronic scoring system with a timer. The sound effects and lights produced by the board make the game even more exciting.
The table comes with 4 bats and 4 pucks.
Dimension- 89 x 48 x 32 inches
Weight – 174.9 lbs.
Blower – 110V motor blower
Other features – Electronic overhead scoreboard with timer, arcade sounds, and lights
Why We Recommend
- The oversized leg levelers make the table very stable.
- The sound effects include stadium sounds, which add a more realistic feel to the gameplay. In addition, a light illuminates whenever a player scores.
- Playfield is glossy and scratch-resistive.
Playcraft Sport 40-Inch Table Top
- includes 2 pushers and 2 pucks
- CE certified and ul approved motor.
If you are interested in air hockey but you wish to start small, then the Playcraft 40-Inch is just right. The smooth surface allows for a fast game. Also, this table is excellent for kids and teenagers.
The table, itself, is made of a durable MDF hardwood frame, which you can place on any table. The table’s 100 cfm air blower efficiently provides enough air for a fast game. While the puck’s movement can be quite unpredictable when compared to arcade style tables, this is to be expected of a tabletop air hockey game.
This tabletop air hockey is excellent for first timers, casual players and kids.
Dimension- 40 x 20 x 8 inches
Weight – 18.4 lbs
Blower – 100 cfm (cubic feet per minute) blower
Why We Recommend
- Build to last.
- Perfect for kids.
- Comes with pucks and pushers.
- Easy to store.
Brunswick Windchill 7 ft Air Hockey Table
This is a 7 feet long air hockey table that is best for air hockey players who want a challenge. It has a glossy finish and is made of MDF material, meaning it can handle rough use.
If you have a lot of space at home and really want a great game room, this is the table to get.
It has a manual scorer as opposed to an electronic scorer and comes with two strikers and two pucks.
Sportcraft 48-inch Air Hockey Table (Best Small Air Hockey Table)
The affordable Sportcraft Air Hockey is ideal for the casual player. It is nicely designed and offers hours of delightful fun. This small air hockey game is just 48 inches long and 24 inches wide. It also comes with an electronic score system which is uncommon for small tables. The leg levelers allow you to easily adjust the playing surface.
Assembling this table is straightforward and you will have it set up in no time. Since it comes complete with 2 pucks and 2 bats, you can start playing straight away.
Dimension- 48 x 24 x 30 inches
Weight – 35 lbs
Blower – N/A
Why We Recommend
- Although it’s a small air hockey table, it has an electronic scorer.
- The ice hockey graphics on the sides the table is appealing.
- Easy to adjust the leg levelers.
- Easy to set up
American Heritage Monarch Air Hockey Table
- Includes 4 Goalies and 4 Pucks
- Regulation Size Field
- Overhead Arch Scoreboard
- 2 additional manual scoring systems
- Screen-Printed Starburst Design
The American heritage brand is well-known for their excellent products, and the American Heritage Monarch does not disappoint. With a price tag of a $1000, this is a luxurious table. With such luxury comes excellent craftsmanship.
This gorgeous table has a cherry finish cabinet that is made of wood composite and MDF. Protective silver caps adorn the four corners of the cabinet. The sturdy wooden legs give the table stability and sturdiness that surpasses any table already mentioned. In all, this is the classiest and heaviest table on our list.
The playfield is 76 inches long and 40 inches wide. The attractive starburst design that decorates the playfield sets it apart from the rest.
The table is powered by a 110V axial AC fan with an output of 210 cfm. With such an impressive output, the puck glides effortlessly.
Dimension- 10 x 86 x 50 inches
Weight – 278 lbs
Blower – 110V motor
Other features – overhead scoreboard, manual scorer, 4 goalies, and 4 pucks; 1-year warranty
Why We Recommend
- Heavy and stable.
- Excellent craftsmanship
- Gorgeous cherry finished cabinet
- Manufactured by the largest billiards manufacturer – American Heritage.
Viper Vancouver 7.5-Foot Air Hockey Game Table
If the Hathaway isn’t for you, then you are probably a professional – or are an aspiring professional. For this, you’ll want the Viper Vancouver.
This is a 7 and-a-half foot table and is on par with an air hockey table that you’ll find at a high-end arcade. It has a large play area allowing players more space for more tricks and maneuvers.
It is a very durable table and is very sturdy. The puck can travel at a fast speed with intensity without damaging the table. It has an electronic scorer and comes with easy-to-use strikers.
If you are ready for hosting a tournament in your game room, you’ll want the crowd to gather around as you face your opponent across the Viper Vancouver!
Hathaway Face-Off 5-Foot Air Hockey Game Table (Best Family Air Hockey Table)
- FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY – Fill your game room with fast-paced fun for all ages. The Face-Off’s compact design and cool graphics make it perfect for kids. Adults will have a blast shooting pucks around the slick, glossy surface.
- PREMIUM AIR FLOW - A 5 blade, AC110V axial fan sends a steady stream of air through over 1,500 holes on the playing surface. The included pucks will glide smoothly over the even flow of air, ensuring fast-paced hockey action.
- BUILT TO LAST – The Face-Off stands up to the toughest competition. Engineered wood construction with durable leg braces keep this air hockey table steady and sturdy. Integrated leg levelers guarantee an even playing field.
- AMERICAN DESIGN – Our products are designed and engineered in America, with quality control and customer service maintained by US-based employees. While we do outsource some manufacturing, every step is guided by our leadership team in the US.
- DIMENSIONS - Playing surface: 54.75"L x 27.25"W. Table dimensions: 60"L x 30"W x 30.5"H. INCLUDED ACCESSORIES – Two 3” strikers & two 2.5” pucks
If you want an air hockey table that the entire family can enjoy, then the Hathaway Face Off is your best bet. This table is built to last and will provide quality fun for many years. With a playfield that measures 55 x 27 inches, this table is perfect for casual players. The 110-volts air blower is more than enough to provide the airflow needed for effortless hockey action.
Other features include an automatic electronic scoring system with motion detection, dazzling graphics, and large leg levelers for better stability.
Dimension- 60 x 30 x 30.5 inches (LxWxH)
Weight – 60 lbs
Blower – 110V motor
Other features – electronic scoreboard, 2 pushers and 2 pucks; 90-day limited warranty
Why We Recommend
- Built to last.
- An efficient airflow system enables pucks to glide effortlessly over an even flow of air.
- Dazzling graphics.
- Large leg levelers.
Strike That Puck!
Now that you are ready to strike a puck and challenge your opponents to a game of air hockey, buy the table of your choice and start playing!
And if you want to know more about indoor gaming, be sure to check out more of our great content!
Air hockey is an entertaining game that people of all ages can play and ensure. It is fun, challenging, and fast-paced. Before acquiring an air hockey table, it is important to do some research. And we are here to help. This article includes the best air hockey tables currently on the market.
Go through the reviews; follow the links provided for current pricing as well as extra information. Not only does the best table has to fit your budget, it also has to fit your needs.
If you want a table that’s a little more versatile, go check out our best air hockey pool ping pong table reviews as well!
Need some ideas for your game room? Check out our post on game room ideas to get inspired!
Last update on 2022-06-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API