Last Updated on March 2, 2020 by Jake
Disc golf has always been a favorite way for me to spend time. It’s a sport that is fairly easy to pick up because it’s a simple concept, put the disc in the basket. However, it’s also a very nuanced game that takes countless hours of practice to master.
One of the very first things you will learn about disc golf is that it’s best to have multiple types of discs to best encounter different situations you’ll face on the course. It’s certainly possible to play a round with only one disc but most players, even beginners, have anywhere between 4-20 discs with them.
Fortunately, you don’t have to lug all of those discs around inefficiently. There are disc golf bags designed to carry all of your discs and make life easier! There are a variety of factors that will play into which bag will be the best disc golf bag for you.
In this post, we’ll highlight our list of the best disc golf bags and provide some buying tips as well.
Quick Look at Our Top Picks
|Dynamic Discs Commander Backpack||Check Price on Amazon|
|Innova Super HeroPack Backpack Disc Golf Bag||Check Price on Amazon|
|Dynamic Discs Soldier Cooler Disc Golf Bag||Check Price on Amazon|
|FITactic Luxury Frisbee Disc Golf Bag Backpack||Check Price on Amazon|
|NutSac Disc Golf Bag||Check Price on Amazon|
Best Disc Golf Bag Reviews
Dynamic Discs Commander
Overall Best Disc Golf Bag
Dynamic Discs designed an all around perfect product with their Commander Disc Golf Bag. At the end of the day, you want a bag that will carry all of your discs comfortably while supporting a few other pieces of equipment. The bag has a 20 disc main carrying compartment but can hold more discs along the vertical wall.
It’s built like a backpack so in between shots it’s super easy to sling on and off. Full length zippers line the sides of the bag for easy storage of additional gear. Additionally, it’s equipped with 2 bottle holders, a couple of pockets big enough to hold a phone, and a convenient chair/umbrella strap.
For all of the carrying capacity, this disc golf bag really doesn’t have that big of a footprint. It’s not as big or bulky as you’d expect and it’s very light. That’s a huge bonus when you consider how much walking is involved in a round of disc golf.
The Commander Disc Golf Bag was made in partnership with OGIO, so you know it’s built to last. All of these reasons make it clear why it’s got our vote for best disc golf bag overall.
Disc Carrying Capacity: 20+ discs.
Innova Super HeroPack Disc Golf Bag
- Holds up to 25 discs
- Top Putter Pocket with Waterproof Zipper- holds 2-3 putters
- Front Putter Pocket - holds 1-2 putters
- Lifted Drink Holders (2)
- U-Channel Disc Divider
Innova is one of the top manufacturers of disc golf products, and their brand carries weight in the disc golf community. It comes as no surprise then, that they make one of the best disc golf bags on the market. The Innova Super HeroPack Disc Golf Bag is designed to hold a whopping 25 discs, and has room for other additional accessories.
600D ballistic weave nylon is the primary construction material in this disc golf bag. It’s super durable and waterproof as well, so this might be the top choice for use in the rain. One nice little feature is dividers in the main disc compartment. For the type that loves to stay extra organized, this is a great way to separate your putters, midranges, fairway drivers and distance drivers.
It’s also got a built in felt lined valuables pocket that’s perfect for stowing your phone and keys during the round.
Disc Carrying Capacity: 25 discs.
Dynamic Discs Soldier Cooler Disc Golf Bag
- Holds 10-20 discs.
- DISCS AND BOTTLE ARE NOT INCLUDED.
- Removable Cooler Section
Full disclosure, the Dynamic Discs Soldier Cooler is the disc golf bag I use. When I play a round of disc golf I’m definitely trying to score well, but most importantly I’m trying to have a good time. So in that regard I’m a more casual player.
If you’re anything like me, this might be the best disc golf bag for you. Nothing beats cracking a few cold ones on the course with friends. The Soldier Cooler makes it convenient to do just that and comes with a cooler to boot! It has a removable, insulated cooler compartment that easily holds six 16 oz cans. Additionally, there’s room for 10 to 12 discs while that cooler is in use.
As if that wasn’t enough, there are two drink holders and two zippered valuables pouches for additional accessories or snacks. The shoulder strap is adjustable to make the low profile disc golf bag as comfortable as possible to carry.
Disc Carrying Capacity: 12 discs (~20 if the cooler isn’t in use).
FITactic Luxury Frisbee Disc Golf Bag Backpack
Best Heavy Duty Disc Golf Bag
- ▼ Rich Storage Compartments, totally 11 pockets + a special pocket for Electronic & Valuables (Such as smartphones, jewelry, watch...etc.)
- ▼ Protective Rubber Pads on bottom. ▼ Extended Bottom Support Rail System for Stability. ▼ Thickened Shoulder straps & Back Pads. ▼ Collapsible bag structures for easy storage. ▼ Made of upgraded 600D Nylon Fabric (RoHS standard).
- ▼ Bag size: 15" x 9" x 20". ▼ Holds 25-30 discs. ▼ Removable Disc Space Dividers. ▼ Supports up to 30-50 LBs. 4 Side Straps for Holding Items (for stools, umbrellas, towels, chair...etc.). ▼ 2 Drink Holders (up to 24 OZ bottle).
- ▼ FREE Rain Protection Cover (Easy to take discs w/ the cover).
If you are a gear nut and want maximum disc carrying capacity, you’d be hard pressed to find something better than the FITactic Disc Golf Bag. It’s designed to hold up to 30 discs across its main and secondary disc compartments.
On top of that, it comes equipped with additional pockets for gear and a valuables pocket. Two cup holders line the sides along with 4 straps to carry umbrellas and chairs.
The bottom of the bag is rubber and reinforced with extra padding. The back pads and shoulder straps are very thick compared to other disc golf bags, which is both a good and a bad thing. On the positive side, it makes the bag more durable and have a longer life expectancy.
The downside is that the thickness of the bag is not ideal for hot and humid environments. When the temperature turns up, it’s not ideal to be carrying a whole bunch of extra material on your shoulders and back. If you are in a more mild climate though, this is a great disc golf bag option for you.
Disc Carrying Capacity: 30 discs.
NutSac Disc Golf Bag
- Carry the discs you actually use! Good players win with fewer discs.
- Lightweight, minimal, comfortable. Less weight means more fun!
- Looks great. Crafted of the same canvas as your favorite work clothes (hint: rhymes with Bar Fart).
- Made in USA. Lifetime Guarantee.
Discraft Weekender Disc Golf Bag
- Golf Bag Weekender 6 Discs
- Discraft Weekender Golf Bag
Dynamic Discs Trooper Disc Golf Backpack
Best Disc Golf Bag for Beginners
- The Dynamic Discs Trooper Disc Golf Bag provides suitable space to handle all of your disc golf needs. The Trooper can hold 18+ discs in its main compartment as well as a featured upper compartment that can hold anything from more discs to articles of clothing. Discs and water bottle are NOT included.
- The Dynamic Discs Trooper Disc Golf Bag features three additional pockets, handling all accessories needed for a full disc golf round. On one side of the disc golf bag, a drawstring-enclosed water bottle holder is featured, while sporting a valuables pocket above
- The other side of the Dynamic Discs Trooper Disc Golf Backpack features a larger pocket to handle any additional disc golf accessories in addition to another valuables pocket for wallet, keys, phone, etc. storage
- The Dynamic Discs Trooper comes equipped with a padded set of straps as well as a padded back panel creating a very comfortable fit that is easy to carry for multiple rounds of disc golf. Engineered with a low center of gravity, the Trooper is certain to keep your discs and other belongings upright
- The Dynamic Discs Trooper Disc Golf Backpack features four color combinations including the bright heather blue and black option, heather gray and black option, black on black with contrasting white logos and silver zippers, as well as an arctic camouflage option
The Dynamic Discs Trooper is a less feature stacked version of the Commander, but at a much better price point. You still get a disc capacity of around 18 discs in the main compartment along with some extra features.
Namely, there’s a water bottle holder and three pockets to store valuables that come in super handy. The design of the bag is incredibly lightweight while still remaining sturdy, so you have a really easy walk with this bag during your round.
Dynamic Discs offers the trooper in a variety of different colors, so it’s a great way to show a little personality on the course!
Disc Carrying Capacity: 20 discs.
Ultimately, each person should buy what’s the best fit for them. What I consider to be the best may be different than the next golfer depending on what their needs are. With that in mind, I wanted to compile a list of tips and things to look for when shopping for the best disc golf bag:
Are you a novice, avid, or experienced player? If you are new to the game, it’s generally better to buy something that is easier to carry and on the less expensive side. As mentioned before in this post, you can always upgrade to a nicer bag after you figure out what you like. For experienced players who have countless types of shots they like to throw, a bag with more carrying capacity will probably be necessary.
What is the climate like where you play your disc golf? Is it in a mild climate or somewhere where temperatures regularly surpass 90 degrees F? If it’s the latter, you will want to stay away from anything that is bulky or has thick straps. There are plenty of options that are lightweight which will make a world of a difference in regulating your body temperature over the course of your round.
Additionally, if you play in a climate where rain is normal that will make a difference. In that case, you’ll need a bag that is waterproof or at a minimum has a water protective cover on it.
Competitive vs Casual
When you play disc golf, is it primarily in competition or more laid back? Competitive players should be looking for a bag with a minimum 20 disc carrying capacity. Casual players on the other hand may prefer a product with a cooler and a 10 disc carrying capacity. It’s very important to consider which extra features are most important to you.
I hope this post has been a great resource for you in your quest to find the best equipment! If there are any bags we omitted from the list, please let us know in the comments section below.
Looking for other ideas? Check out our post on outdoor games ideas next!
Last update on 2020-10-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API