Last Updated on September 10, 2020 by Jake
What better way to get your game room started but with a foosball table? Whether it’s a man cave, a family game room, a break room, or even a college dorm, a foosball table is sure to provide hours of fun. There are many different types of foosball tables out there for all budgets and purposes.
You can get tables for under $100 and tables for over $2000. There are also tables of different weights and sizes, and with different feature sets. We hope to take you through all that a foosball table can be as well as provide you with reviews of the best foosball tables on the market right now.
In a Hurry? Check Out Our Top Picks:
|Kick Triumph 55″ in Black Foosball Table||Check Price on Amazon|
|Rally and Roar Foosball Table Game – 56” Standard Size Fun, Multi Person Table Soccer Adults, Families - Recreational Foosball Games Game Rooms, Arcades, Bars, Parties, Family Night||Check Price on Amazon|
|Tornado Sport Foosball Table - Commercial Tournament Quality Table Soccer Game for The Home (Sport)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Garlando G-500 Indoor/Outdoor Weatherproof Foosball/Soccer Game Table||Check Price on Amazon|
|Tornado Tournament T-3000 Foosball Table 3 Goalies||Check Price on Amazon|
Buying a Foosball Table: Factors to Consider
To get the best foosball table for your needs you need to weigh a few different factors. Factors to consider include – intended use, budget, space available, ease of set up, and many more.
There are many reasons to get a foosball table. You may want a table for home use, for outdoor use, for a commercial setting, for a break room, or for tournament use. The intended use will impact the type and quality of the table you acquire.
If you want a table intended for home use then you may go for an entry-level table. Home tables won’t see nearly as much action as tables situated in commercial settings and office break rooms. A table that the whole family can enjoy will cost you about $500. This table should be strong and tall enough for both kids and adults. An example of a great family table is the Fat Cat Tirade.
As you can imagine, as compared to a home table, a college dorm foosball table will be more frequently used. The same can be said about a bar foosball table, or an office break room foosball table. Therefore, these tables need to be extra durable and low maintenance. You want sturdy mid-tier tables with a price range of $500 to $1500.
An outdoor table is exposed to the elements such as rain, snow, and the sun (which can fade colors). As such, if you use a table designed for indoor use outside, it will not last. When getting a table for outdoor use, ensure that’s the intended use. Outdoor tables are usually low-maintenance and waterproof. They can withstand rain, snow, and harsh sun. They are also substantially costlier. The best outdoor foosball tables will cost around $1000 to $2000.
Professional tables adhere to ITSF (International Table Soccer Federation) regulations and requirements. These tables usually cost $1000+ with prices reaching as high as $2000+. If you wish to compete professionally, you should be looking at professional level tables. Brands such as Tornado and Warrior are known for their professional level tables.
Foosball Table Size and Weight
What is the use of getting a large foosball table if it won’t fit in your rec room? Before you get a foosball table, it is important to measure the space you have available. The table should have enough room around it so that both players can move about comfortably. The minimum amount of space needed to comfortably accommodate both the table and the players is 8 by 7 feet. However, for maximum comfort, we recommend a space of 10 by 10 feet.
Heavy tables may be difficult to set up but they are sturdier and offer more stability. A good weight range is 130 to 200 pounds or more.
Build and Quality
The build and quality of the table are essential if you want a table that will last long. Usually the higher the price, the higher the quality. This isn’t always the situation. Apart from price, another indicator of quality is the weight of the table. As already stated, the heavier the table the less likely it is to shift and move during gameplay. Cabinet build is also a good indicator of quality. The cabinet has to be well-made and strong. The joins and corners need to be tight and thick.
The best playing rods are steel and chrome finished. Playing rods can be hollow or solid. Hollow playing rods are easy to maneuver and allows for quick and entertaining gameplay. Solid playing rods, which are obviously heavier, slow down gameplay, and wears players out. Also, foosball figures with triangular feet offer better control than figures with block-shaped feet do.
Foosball Table Configuration
While some games have a single goalie, others have 3 goalies. Advanced players prefer tables with one goalie since it makes defending more difficult. Tables with 3 goalies allow for faster gameplay as there are more figures to kick the ball. In addition, it is a good idea to get tables with counterbalanced foosball men as this allows for precise control.
Best Foosball Table Reviews
A lot went into finding the best foosball tables. We looked at the specifications, gameplay, price, build quality, and intended use. With this information, we hope to share with you the best foosball tables currently on the market. Since there isn’t one table that is best for all, we have divided the reviews into categories such as best foosball tables for home use, best foosball table for commercial use, and so on.
Best Foosball Tables – Professional
If you want a professional tournament-style table, the Warrior Professional Foosball Table and the Tornado Sport Foosball Table are worth every cent.
Warrior Professional Foosball Table
- FAST AND EASY ASSEMBLY - Assembled in approximately 25 mins with one simple tool. Direct to your doorstep. Assembled counter balance foosball men men on rods making it faster to complete construction
- PRO QUALITY - Split bearings for faster and smoother shots. Excellent ball control and ability to any shot. And swivel foot levelers making it easier to level on any surface
- SOLID DURABLE FOOSBALL TABLE - Improved Pro style ball return system where the ball is channeled to the center of the table without hoses
- PROTECTING THE PLAYERS - Rod Guard system for the protections of children and adults. Helps prevent accidental injury for fast moving rods. If you will ever have 2-12 year olds around your foosball table, you must demand rod guards
- OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT TABLE - Previously recognized by USTSF & ITSF organizations. Weighs 200 lbs. making this ideal for all level players. This is not a toy. Measures 56" L x 30" W x 36"H
The Warrior Professional Foosball Table is one of the more affordable professional foosball tables. At a price of around $600 (when this review was written), it costs about a third of most professional foosball tables. This table is recognized by both the USTSF and the ITSF. The table, which is heavy and sturdy, is made of MDF. It also has a one-year limited warranty.
Size & Weight: 56 x 30 x 36 inches, approximately 200 lbs.
Playing Rods & Handles: Solid steel rods, rubber handles
Number of Foosball Figures + Goalie Configuration: 10 foosball men+ 1 goalie for each team
Other Special Features: Counterbalanced men, a Unique Rod Guard System for the safety of players, laminated playfield
- Well-made and sturdy.
- The unique safety guard system makes it safe for players of all ages.
- Counterbalanced men.
- Great price for a solidly built professional table.
- Solid rods means slower play.
- Setup isn’t easy.
Tornado Sport Foosball Table
- The Tornado Sport Foosball Table is Made In Richland Hills, Texas USA by Master Craftsmen
- 1" Thick Cabinet Walls - Extreme Durability For Home Use
- 3/4" Melamine Playfield Provides Smooth Surface For Competitive Play
- Beautiful Jewel Mahogany Laminate Provides Rich, Elegant Styling
- SureGrip Black Rubberized Handles Ensure You Have A Perfect Grip For Those Extreme Shots
The Tornado Sport Foosball Table tournament-level table is one of the best on the market. While it is not ITSF certified, it stacks up well against any professional table. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced player, this table will serve you well in your quest to hone your foosball skills.
The foosball men and the ball are designed for precise control. The cabinet itself is an inch thick and has a mahogany melamine finish. As with all tables in this article, the legs are adjustable for a leveled playing field.
Size & Weight: 56 x 30 x 36 inches, approximately 205 lbs.
Playing Rods & Handles: Hollow steel rods, wood handles
Number of Foosball Figures + Goalie Configuration: 10 foosball men+ 1 goalies for each team
Other Special Features: Melamine playfield, 1-inch thick cabinet, 1-year warranty
- Durable, heavy, and solidly built.
- Hollow playing rods allow for fast play.
- Made in the United States.
- Foosball men aren’t counterbalanced.
- Expensive (but worth every cent.)
Best Foosball Table for Outdoors
Outdoor foosball tables need to be able to withstand the elements – be it snow, wind, rain, or shine. In addition, they need to function well as foosball tables. The Garlando G-500 isn’t just an all-weather outdoors table; it is also an excellent foosball table.
Garlando G-500 Weatherproof Foosball Table
- Chromium plated, telescopic rods Players permanently molded to rods Marine plywood cabinet
- All surfaces coated with waterproof and washable materials for easy cleaning Waterproof glue used for perfect sealing 4" Heavy duty, black, nylon leg levelers for stability
- All hardware has tropical anti-rust treatment Marine plywood playfield with plastic laminate Heavy duty, vinyl table cover included Instructions and playing accessories included
- Playfield made of marine plywood with a plastic laminate.
- Comes with a heavy duty vinyl liner
The Garlando G-500 is built to endure the weather. It is waterproofed to ensure the rain doesn’t damage it. Its anti-rust treatment means you can use it anywhere even at the beach. Setup is easy and takes under an hour. It has a lengthy two-year warranty, which shows the manufacturers’ trust in the product.
Size & Weight: 50 x 30 x 35 inches, approximately 165 lbs.
Playing Rods & Handles: Hollow chromium plated telescopic steel rods, rutted plastic handles
Number of Foosball Figures + Goalie Configuration: 10 foosball men+ 1 goalie for each team
Other Special Features: Marine plywood playfield & cabinet, all surfaces are coated in easy cleaning waterproof sealing, anti-rust treatment, 2-year warranty
- Fast gameplay.
- Easy to setup
- Only some of the foosball men are counterbalanced.
Best Foosball Tables for Home Use
Since most home foosball tables don’t see intensive use, you can get away with buying tables that cost less than $800. Tables for home use needn’t be USTSF or ITSF certified, but they need to be durable and safe for the entire family.
KICK Foosball Table Legend
- Elegant Simplicity and Durability
- Comes With Counter Balanced Men Set AND Uniformed Men Set
- KICK Brand Quality. Contact KICK If You Are Not 100% Satisfied!
- Lifetime Warranty (Only on New Tables Purchased From KICK)
- Table Dimensions: 55" L X 30" W X 36" H
The KICK Foosball Table is both elegant and solidly built. It may not be as heavy as some of the tables already reviewed are but it is sturdy. Its well-constructed cabinet is made with hardwood and MDF. The playing rods have wood handles, which is better than the more common plastic handles found on many other foosball table playing rods. It also has an unlimited lifetime warranty.
Size & Weight: 55 x 31 x 35 inches, approximately 142 lbs.
Playing Rods & Handles: Semi-solid steel rods, wood handles
Number of Foosball Figures + Goalie Configuration: 10 foosball men + 1 or 3 goalies depending on players’ preference
Other Special Features: Counterbalanced men, ½-inch thick playing field, unlimited lifetime warranty
- Elegant chestnut finish and gorgeous wooden playing rod handles.
- Counterbalanced men.
- Great price.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Weighing in at just 142 lbs., it is not very heavy and can sometimes move around during intense play.
Rally and Roar Foosball Table
- NEVERENDING ENTERTAINMENT: This popular and fun classic game is easy to play, and a great interactive family game excelelnt for the whole family to play, perfect for an innocent family game night or adult play
- SIMPLE TO ASSEMBLE, FUN TO PLAY: Our full size 56” foosball soccer set requires little assembly, no electricity or batteries, and doesn’t involve complicated instructions or rules, encouraging multiplayer, socializing, dynamic strategy and smiles
- PRO LEVEL: Whether you’re playing in tournaments or recreationally, our hand soccer table is for everyone, with a smooth turf, ergonomic handles, weighted “players”, and a solid wood bead scorer, there is nothing amateur about our table football set
- STURDY, HEAVY-DUTY: This durable tabletop foosball game boasts ⅝” diameter chrome-plated, steel rods with wood handles, players always feel in control, and ramped edges allow for continual motion with leg levelers ensure an even playing surface
- VERSATILITY AND ELEGANCE: Unlike many table soccer games that are made for entertainment and not quality, the Rally and Roar wood handle foosball games are designed to bring class to any basement, game room, man cave, bar, arcade, lounge, or backyard
This table perfectly epitomizes what a game room foosball table should be – affordable and yet well-made. This cabinet is constructed with wood material with an oak wood finish to give it a high-end look. Although it is pro-sized, it is easy to assemble and isn’t heavy. The weight is a positive as well as a negative.
While being lightweight means the table lacks the sturdiness of high-end foosball tables, it is easy to move and assemble. Well-built, fun to play, versatile and elegant, the Rally and Roar Foosball Table has all it takes to be the best family foosball table on the market.
Size & Weight: 56 x 30 x 35 inches, approximately 75 lbs.
Playing Rods & Handles: ⅝-inch chrome-plated steel rods, wooden handles
Number of Foosball Figures + Goalie Configuration: 10 foosball men + 3 goalies for each team
Other Special Features: Ramped playing field.
- Well-priced home-style foosball table.
- Easy to assemble.
- Professional sized playfield
- Foosball figures aren’t counterbalanced
- Lightweight table (this makes it less stable).
Best Foosball Table for Commercial Use
When buying a foosball table for a commercial setting, you need to ensure that the can withstand intensive and constant use. The best commercial tables have to be solid, long-lasting sturdy, and heavy.
Tornado Tournament 3000 Foosball Table
- BUILT FOR COMPETITIVE PLAY - This foosball game table is built with a thick commercial-grade split cabinet for maximum durability. The 8-sided molded handle with non-slip surface offers enhanced grip. Assembled Dimensions: 56 L x 30 W (70 inches including rods) x 36 H inches / Weight: 355 pounds.
- CONVENIENT DESIGN AND GAMEPLAY - The 3 Goalie setup along with the patented Tornado counterbalanced players with redesigned player foot offer more precise ball control. The solid legs come with leg levelers to ensure stability while the chrome-plated, hollow steel rods are heat treated for added strength.
- PACKED WITH FREE ACCESSORIES - The game table features an abacus scoring unit to keep track of goals. It also comes with 3 precision high visibility balls, a bottle of silicone, bearing wrench, pin punch, and a rulebook.
- CERTIFIED TOURNAMENT PLAY GAME TABLE - The official game table of Tornado National Tour and Tornado National Foosball League, as well as the International Table Soccer Foundation.
- Split cabinet design with full-access top; 3/4" Playfield; U.S. built in Richland Hills, Texas
Weighing in at 355 pounds, the Tornado Tournament 3000 Foosball table is really solidly built and sturdy. The cabinet is made of 1½-inch thick stainless-steel laminate with durable end protectors. This table is basically unbreakable.
The split cabinet provides a storage area under the playfield. With hollow steel rods and a 3-goalie system, the gameplay is fast and highly entertaining. Also, this table has a coin-operated version and a version with a one-goalie configuration.
Size & Weight: 56 x 30 x 36 inches, approximately 355 lbs.
Playing Rods: Hollow steel rods
Number of Foosball Figures + Goalie Configuration: 10 foosball men + 3 goalies or 1 goalie (depending on version acquired)
Other Special Features: Counterbalanced men, ¾-inch thick playing field, (coin-operated version available)
- Most durable commercial foosball table on the market.
- Weighing in at 355 lbs., this is one of the heaviest and sturdiest tables.
- Made in the United States.
- Patented Tornado men offer precise control. (The foosball men of this table are dubbed ‘the Tornado men’)
- High priced. (This table is high priced because it is designed for intensive use)
Which foosball table did you end up getting? Let us know in the comments below! I hope this post has been helpful to point you in the right direction of finding the best foosball table for you.
Need some ideas for your game room? Check out our post on game room ideas to get inspired!
Last update on 2022-01-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API