Last Updated on August 24, 2020 by Jake
The benefits of gaming chairs are obvious. From all of the ergonomic benefits to making sure your gaming sessions are as comfortable as possible, investing in the best gaming chair is a necessity for both casual and serious gamers alike.
We’ve taken some time to review the best gaming chairs and create a gaming chair buyer’s guide for things to look for when making your decision.
In a Rush? Here’s Our Top Picks:
|GTRACING Gaming Chair Racing Office Computer Game Chair||Check Price on Amazon|
|OFM Essentials Collection Racing Style Bonded Leather Gaming Chair, in White||Check Price on Amazon|
|VERTAGEAR S-Line 2000 Gaming Chair, Medium, Black/Carbon||Check Price on Amazon|
|Noblechairs Hero Gaming Chair - Office Chair - Desk Chair - PU Leather - 330 lbs||Check Price on Amazon|
|Herman Miller Embody Chair: Fully Adj Arms - Graphite Frame/Base - Standard Carpet Casters||Check Price on Amazon|
|AKRacing AK CB Masters Series Premium Gaming Chair, Carbon Black -||Check Price on Amazon|
|DXRacer OH/KS11/N King Series Black Fabric Gaming Chair - Includes 2 Free Cushions||Check Price on Amazon|
|Openwheeler GEN2 Racing Wheel Stand Cockpit||Check Price on Amazon|
Best Gaming Chair Reviews
GTRACING Gaming Chair
- ✔PERFECT FOR GAMING: GTRACING is dedicated to make the best gaming chair for pro gamers. Choose us, and improve your gaming experience! Dimensions: 20.86"(L) x 21.26"(W) x 48.82"-51.97"(H); Sitting Area Dimensions: 16''(L) x 19.68''(W).
- ✔ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Strong metal frame designed to help promote a comfortable seated position, keeping you comfy after long hours of game or work. Thick padded back & seat take this chair to the next level of comfort.
- ✔MULTI-FUNCTION: Armrest and seat-height adjustable; 90~170°reclining and rocking; 360°swivel; 5-point base built with heavy duty; Smooth-rolling casters; Removable headrest pillow and lumbar cushion.
- ✔HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL: Smooth PU leather, added seat cushion, and lumbar & headrest pillows offer added support and comfort. Heavy-duty base and nylon smooth-rolling casters for great stability and mobility.
- ✔WIDE APPLICATIONS: GTRACING gaming chair is an ideal seat of choice for working, studying and gaming. Attractive racing car style makes it perfect for game room or modern office. Upgrade your gaming office set-up with GTRACING!
- Type: Racing seat
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs (136 kg)
- Upholstery: PU leather (learn the difference between different gaming chair upholstery types here)
- Functionality: lumbar & headrest pillows, adjustable armrests, adjustable seat height, 360 degrees swivel, Smooth-rolling casters, 90-170 degrees tilt, 5-point base
Not only is the GTRACING Gaming Chair affordable, but it is also practical. In fact, the GTRACING Gaming Chair is among the best selling gaming chairs in the world and for good reason. This high-quality chair is suitable for gamers of all body types. As with any food gaming seat, it offers excellent lumbar and thoracic support, and an adjustable armrest. The entire seat is built on a heavy-duty 5-point base and smooth-rolling casters.
The GTRACING Gaming Chair has a metal frame constructed with comfort in mind. As such, you can be seated for hours without fatigue setting in. The seat itself is well-padded. As expected, both the seat height and the armrest can be adjusted. The seat’s back reclines to 170 degrees. The seat can also swivel 360 degrees. The chair also comes with removable lumbar and headrest cushions.
In all, the GTRACING Gaming Chair offers an ergonomically designed chair at a highly competitive price.
- The GTRACING Gaming Chair is easy to clean and maintain.
- It offers excellent lumbar and head support.
- The GTRACING Gaming Chair features an ergonomic design and frame.
- It is moderately priced.
- Setting up the chair can be a bit tricky.
OFM Essentials ESS-3085 Gaming Chair
- COMPUTER GAMING CHAIR: A race car style chair that provides luxury and comfort whether used during intense gaming sessions or long workdays
- ERGONOMIC SWIVEL CHAIR: With contoured segmented padding, integrated padded headrest, and padded arms, this video game chair provides quality support and comfort for hours of play
- ADJUSTABLE RACING CHAIR: Features height adjustment, center-tilt control, flip-up arms and 360 degrees of swivel
- PREMIUM LEATHER CHAIR: Upholstered in SofThread Leather and contrasting colored mesh for an aggressive style and cool feel
- DURABLE OFFICE FURNITURE: This heavy duty chair has a 275 lb weight capacity for long-lasting use. Seat Height-17-20.75 inches. Seat Size-20 W x 19 D inches
- Type: Racing seat
- Weight Capacity: 275 lbs (125 kg)
- Upholstery: SofThread Leather
- Functionality: lumbar pillow, integrated padded headrest, flip-up armrests, adjustable seat height, 85-165 degrees tilt, 360 degrees swivel, 5-point base
The OFM Essentials ESS-3085 gaming chair is definitely the gaming chair to get if you are on a tight budget. Costing less than $100, the OFM Essentials ESS-3085 gaming chair performs wonderfully. It may not be the most stylish looking chair but it does come with its own elegance. The chair’s dual-color pattern looks good and it offers good lumbar and neck support.
The OFM Essentials ESS-3085 gaming chair provides the luxury and comfort a gamer deserves without having to break the bank. This ergonomic chair is padded with contoured segmented padding. The integrated padded headrest ensures excellent head support. Likewise, the armrests are padded as well. Noticeable features include 360-degree swivel, flip-up armrests, center-tilt control, and adjustable height.
If you are low on cash but need a good quality functional gaming chair, then the OFM Essentials ESS-3085 gaming chair is for you.
- The OFM Essentials ESS-3085 gaming chair is a heavy-duty durable gaming chair.
- It offers excellent lumbar and head support.
- The softhread leather used is very comfortable and breathable.
- It is affordable.
- The integrated padded headrest isn’t maneuverable like a separate and removable headrest is.
Corsair T3 Rush
- Inspired by performance motorsport seats, the T3 rush's breathable soft fabric exterior retains minimal heat, providing the contoured comfort and support to battle through an intense skirmish or an all-day competition.
- Sit back and relax with an adjustable padded neck cushion and memory foam Lumbar Support, both wrapped in plush microfiber.
- An embedded Steel frame runs through the chair base and back, ensuring years of strength and durability.
- 4D armrests allow you to adjust in any direction – up or Down, left or right, forward or backward, or swiveled to support your posture.
- Effortlessly Set your seat to your ideal Height with 100mm of movement range, supported by a steel-construction class 4 gas lift.
- Type: Racing seat
- Weight Capacity: 264 lbs (120 kg)
- Upholstery: Breathable soft fabric
- Functionality: adjustable padded neck cushion, memory foam lumbar support, adjustable armrests, adjustable seat height, 360-degree swivel, 90-180 degrees tilt, 5-point base
Many of us know Corsair for their PC gaming peripherals and hardware. Their products are acclaimed for being durable, performance-oriented, and stylish. The Corsair T3 Rushis no different. This chair is a proper gamer’s chair. Not only is it sleek, it is also functional, well-built, and affordable. This is a chair I’ll definitely recommend.
The Corsair T3 Rush like many gaming chairs takes inspiration from racing seats. The upholstery is made of soft breathable fabric which ensures you are cool while contouring your body to provide maximum comfort. The padded neck cushion and lumbar support cushion along with the shape of the seat ensure your posture is right. The 4D armrest is fully adjustable in all directions. With a 360-degree swivel and a 90-180 degree tilt, this chair has all the modern innovations and features we look for in a gaming chair.
Breathe easy, sit back, relax, and glide through the battlefield with the Corsair T3 Rush.
- The chair is highly adjustable.
- The seat’s breathable fabric makes it one of the most comfortable seats you can find.
- The Corsair T3 Rush is beautifully designed.
- Armrests feel stiff and wobbly.
VERTAGEAR S-Line 2000
- EFFORTLESS ASSEMBLY - "slide-in" design creates a quick one-person installation process
- SOLID COMFORT - steel frame with ultra premium high density resilient memory foam
- REINFORCED 5-STAR BASE - designed and constructed from a heavy-duty aluminum alloy material that assures a solid base structure
- IMPECCABLE COLOR MATCHING - custom 2. 5" racing style casters coated with PU for soft and smooth gliding on any surface
- BONUS ACCESSORIES - additional memory foam headrest pillow and lumbar support cushion are included
- Type: Racing seat
- Weight Capacity: 330 lbs (150 kg)
- Upholstery: PUC Synthetic Faux Leather
- Functionality: memory foam neck cushion, memory foam lumbar support, adjustable 2D armrests, adjustable seat height, 80-170 degrees tilt, 5-point base, Penta RS1 2.5-inch casters,
The VERTAGEAR S-Line 2000 is another great chair. Like most gaming chairs, the VERTAGEAR S-Line 2000 is a racing seat and actually looks closer to an actual racing seat than other gaming chairs do. The price of this chair is in the $300 to $400 region as most high-quality gaming chairs are.
The VERTAGEAR S-Line 2000 boasts a steel frame, which ensures long-term durability. Additionally, assembling the chair is effortless, all you need to do is slide the components in. In terms of comfort and construction, high resiliency foam is used. This has a long lifespan and prevents deformities from long periods of use. The upholstery consists of PUC Synthetic Faux Leather, which is quite gorgeous to behold. PUC retains the softness of PU while maintaining the durability of PVC. The chair also offers excellent neck and lumbar support, an adjustable backrest and adjustable tilt.
With the VERTAGEAR S-Line 2000, you won’t break a sweat.
- The chair features a durable steel frame.
- The upholstery is both tough and comfortable.
- The VERTAGEAR S-Line 2000 comes in many different colors.
- The armrests can only be adjusted vertically. This is limiting when compared to other brands with armrests that can be moved in all directions.
- For the first few weeks, expect the VERTAGEAR S-Line 2000 to be a tad stiff.
- Type: Racing seat
- Weight Capacity: 330 lbs (150 kg)
- Upholstery: PU Faux Leather/Real Leather + breathable cold-foam
- Functionality: lumbar support and backrest, adjustable armrests, adjustable seat height, 90-135 degrees tilt, 5-point base,
The is definitely a chair to look into if you are in the market for a new gaming chair. This beautiful black seat features breathable cold-foam upholstery compete with at a leather ulterior. This ulterior can be either real leather of PU faux leather. Another interesting feature is the adjustable built inn lumbar support system.
As a gaming chair, the Noblechairs Hero confronts with all that has come before it and with noticeable additions. This racing seat style gaming chair supports weights of up to 330 lbs. It features 4D armrests which can be adjusted in whatever direction you choose. It also features a 135-degree recline and a 5-point base. The chair comes in 9 different colors/styles with the most popular being the all-black version. As mentioned earlier, the built-in lumbar can be adjusted to meet your needs thanks to a dial on the side.
The Noblechairs Hero is a fully ergonomic shaped chair with intricate diamond pattern stitching, a 125 degrees fully adjustable backrest, and fully adjustable armrests.
- The noblechairs Hero is a solid and supportive gaming chair.
- The chair features a classy and elegant design.
- The built-in adjustable lumbar support is an interesting and welcomed innovation.
- It is a high-priced gaming chair.
Bonus Review: Herman Miller Embody
- RHYTHM fabric is tight, smooth soft to the touch, and prevents heat buildup
- INNOVATIVE ERGONOMIC DESIGN - More than 20 physicians and PhDs in the fields of biomechanics, vision, physical therapy, and ergonomics contributed their expertise to help guide the development of this chair. As a result, Embody has set a new benchmark for pressure distribution, natural alignment, and support for healthy movement in ergonomic seating.
- BACKFIT ADJUSTMENT - Embody’s back is designed like a human’s, with a central spine and flexible ribs. The Backfit adjustment allows you to position the backrest in line with your spine’s natural curve, so you achieve a neutral, balanced posture. Once the chair is tuned to fit you, the backrest adapts to your movement, adjusting automatically to your shifting positions. Whether you lean forward or recline, support remains constant.
- FEATURES: tilt limiter, adjustable Seat Depth, fully adjustable arms, graphite base and frame, Black arm pads, and carpet casters
- PIXELATED SUPPORT - You feel Embody’s Pixelated Support the moment you sit down—a sense that you are floating, yet perfectly balanced. Thanks to a dynamic matrix of pixels, Embody’s seat and back surfaces automatically conform to your body’s micro-movements, distributing your weight evenly as you sit. This reduces pressure and encourages movement, both of which are key to maintaining healthy circulation and focus.
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs (136 kg)
- Upholstery: Multi-layer fabric
- Functionality: Lumbar Support, PostureFit Sacral Support, Thoracic Support, Fully adjustable arms, Adjustable Seat Depth, Optional / Adjustable Arms. 65mm Standard Castors, 12-Year Warranty
The Embody is a must-buy if you got the money. Costing around $1400 to $1600, the Herman Miller Embody is sure to leave a sizeable hole in your pocket. The manufacturers of this chair claim this chair can even lower heart rate and by extension stress. However, does the chair rivals the promises it gives? Can it actually lower heart rate and reduce stress? Well, that is up to you to decide. But one thing we can confirm is that the Herman Miller Embody is arguably the most comfortable chair we have ever used. If it isn’t, then it is one of the most comfortable.
The Herman Miller Embody is a health first chair and as such, it improves the health of your back and neck. The design and engineering of this chair ensure it is miles better than its competitors. The narrowing back and curving floating armrest provide all the support you will ever need. With this seat, you can game for hours and feel no discomfort.
The Herman Miller Embody offers what is dubbed as the Embody’s Pixelated Support. This ensures that you are perfectly balanced and support. This chair utilizes a dynamic matrix of pixels to ensure that both the seat and back adjust to any tiny shifts and distribute your weight evenly at all times. You can adjust the chair in so many ways. The Backfit Adjustment feature ensures you can adjust the backrest to your spine’s natural curve.
As an expensive chair, many gamers may need to look elsewhere but if you have the money, I definitely recommend the Herman Miller Embody to you. It is the most comfortable chair you will sit in. I’ve decided not to add this chair to the main reviews as it is truly expensive. It may be the most supportive gaming chair, but few can afford it.
- The Herman Miller Embody is an exceptionally comfortable chair.
- This chair offers unmatched lumbar and thoracic support.
- The Herman Miller Embody is sleek and gorgeous.
- It is a really expensive chair.
AKRacing Masters Series
- Exclusive design PU leather upholstery on front and back - easy to clean and guaranteed to last for at least 5 years backed by manufacturer warranty.
- Metal frame with anti-corrosive coating covered with 30% more high-density cold-cured foam padding for maximum comfort and durability.
- Adjustable headrest and lumbar support pillows for comfort and enhanced ergonomics included.
- 4D armrests adjustable in four directions: up & down, back & forth, in & out, and rotate to the sides.
- Advanced mechanism with adjustable rocking function and lockable tilt positions and Class-4 gaslift with 330 lbs capacity.
Our favorite all around gaming chair is the AKRacing Masters Series. From ergonomics to aesthetics to feel, this gaming chair gets everything right.
The chair’s outer material is a leather upholstery that is easy to clean and is actually included in coverage by the manufacturer’s warranty.
The AKRacing Masters Series has a sturdy metal frame covered in high density foam all the way around. The high density foam allows for maximum comfort and durability.
The customization ability on this chair is off the charts. The chair comes with adjustable headrest and lumbar support pillows. Additionally, the chair reclines 180 degrees and the armrests are adjustable in all directions. Up, down, back and forth, in and out, and they can rotate to the sides. The tilt and rocking functions are powered by a class 4 gaslift with up to 330 pounds in load capacity.
Any size gamer can use this chair, but it is particularly comfortable and accommodating to big and tall gamers.
DXRacer King Series
- High Quality Comfortable Ergonomic Design with Headrest and Lumbar Cushions
- Comfortable Foam Cushioned Armrests Adjust Up and Down Easily
- Patent Race Car Seat Design with Higher Backrest to Support Neck and Spine
- Stable Metal Five-Point Base with Gas Spring Adjusts to Varying Heights
- Perfect as Home Office, Computer, Business Executive or Gaming Desk Chair
The DXRacer King Series is a chair truly fit for a king. The chair comes with the standard neck and lumbar support pillows along with some other great features. While we consider this to be the best gaming chair for big gamers (up to 400 pounds are supported by the King Series) it’s still a great chair for every size gamer.
Basically, any component of this chair that could be crafted to provide the most support for your body is made exactly that way. The backrest sits extra high and adjusts for maximum neck and spine support. Structure wise, the base is constructed of a super heavy duty aluminum.
Aesthetics on this chair are fantastic. You can choose from a handful of different color options and the material is a high quality vinyl that is extremely breathable.
The King Series also comes with an exceptional lifetime warranty on frame and 24 months on parts. This gives you as a buyer tons of confidence in what you are paying for.
Openwheeler Racing Seat
We wanted to highlight what we think is the best gaming chair for racing on the market. This is a specialty gaming chair but for those who love racing games it can’t be beat.
The Openwheeler Racing Seat is designed to look and feel like a cockpit. It’s also designed to be compatible with all racing wheels, including: Logitech, Fanatec, Thrustmaster, and others.
Set up wise, all mounting hardware and tools are included in the shipment, so it’s basically ready to use right out of the box.
This is a small feature but it highlights just how much attention to detail was paid in the design of this chair. A gear shifter mount is included and can be placed on either the right hand or left hand side.
What to Look For When Buying the Best Gaming Chair
Ergonomic Gaming Chairs
Ergonomic is a word that you hear thrown out a lot when it comes to advertising and talking about gaming chairs. Ergonomics is simply the study of people’s efficiency in their working (or gaming) environment.
So with that in mind, there are a few things you should look for in a chair. Namely, a chair should most importantly promote good posture and habits. Generally speaking a good gaming chair will have lots of lower back support, which is perhaps the most important part of the body to ensure has proper attention.
Components that contribute to a good ergonomic gaming chair are:
- Materials: Chairs should be made with lightweight, sturdy metal frames and breathable cover materials.
- Functionality: Gaming chairs should have as much flexibility as possible when it comes to customization. The best chairs will be able to lilt back and forth, have seat height and armrest adjustments, and be able to swivel 360 degrees.
- Accessories: A lot of chairs will come with a couple of pillows included for lumbar and neck support. While these might seem superfluous, they are actually very important. You won’t use them 100% of the time but when gaming for extended periods of time it is good to mix them in for 30 minutes at a time.
The other thing to keep in mind when buying a gaming chair is design. There are a bunch of options on the market and you should not settle for a design that isn’t what you want. There are countless color patterns and aesthetic concepts out there.
Also consider the types of games you like to play. If you are a console player, the best gaming chair for you might be different from somebody who is a PC gamer. Similarly if you play mostly racing games, a chair that is built specifically for racing might be your best choice.
One thing we like to tell people to look for is what kind of warranty is offered by the chair manufacturer. This can often be a telling sign of the quality of the gaming chair and the company that makes them.
There are a ton of “look alike” chairs out there that mimic the aesthetics of brand name chairs but are made poorly. Often times these brands won’t offer any sort of warranty or guarantee on the performance of the chair.
Most of the reputable companies will offer warranties of 5 years covering parts and up to 10 years covering the frame.
Keep in mind, every person is different. Make sure you do your homework on a bunch of different chairs so you can find the best gaming chair for you!
If there are any gaming chairs you’d like to see us review, please let us know in the comments below.
If you’re on the bigger or taller end, check out our post on the best gaming chair for big and tall people next!
Last update on 2020-10-31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API