Last Updated on March 3, 2020 by Jake
Staring at a digital screen for an extended periods takes a toll on every gamer. Gamers can attest to the eyestrain fatigue felt after playing for several hours. This fatigue is caused by harmful blue light emitted by digital screens from your gaming monitor. The best gaming glasses can help! Here’s why.
Exposure to blue light can have some serious side effects – especially for gamers who spend hours and hours in front of the screen. Everything from headaches to disrupted sleep cycles can occur since blue light disrupts the production of melatonin (a sleep hormone). Additionally, disrupted melatonin levels can cause depression in some cases.
You can reduce the amount of harmful blue light that reaches your eyes by using a good pair of gaming glasses. You may have noticed some popular streamers like Nate Hill sporting some gaming glasses.
These glasses can also be used for any other activity that requires that you stare at a digital screen for extended periods of time. In this post, we’ll take a look at some of the best gaming glasses available on the market today.
In a Rush? Here’s Our Top Picks:
|HyperX Gaming Eyewear||Check Price on Amazon|
|Blue Light Blocking Glasses Anti Glare Eye Strain||Check Price on Amazon|
|PROSPEK Premium Computer Glasses - Professional - Blue Light Blocking (No Magnification), Regular Size, Red and Black||Check Price on Amazon|
|J+S Vision Blue Light Shield Computer Reading/Gaming Glasses - 0.0 Magnification - Anti Blue Light 100% UV Protection - Low Color Distortion Lens, WF1 Glossy Tortoise Frame||Check Price on Amazon|
|Gaming Glasses | Blue Light Blocking Glasses | Intercept/Onyx by Gunnar | 65% Blue Light Protection, 100% UV Light, Anti-Reflective To Protect & Reduce Eye Strain & Dryness||Check Price on Amazon|
|GAMEKING Classic Blue Light Blocking Clip-on Flip-up Computer Glasses Video Gaming Glasses Rimless | Easy Fit on Rx Frames | Digital Eyestrain Fatigue Dry Eyes Relief Eye Protection Sleep Better||Check Price on Amazon|
What Exactly Are Gaming Glasses?
Gaming glasses are eyewear that block harmful blue light. The lenses of these glasses also block UV light, reduce glare and are antireflective. The frames are usually designed to promote comfort during long continual wear. Choosing the best gaming glasses can be tough as there are many options out there ranging from cheap throwaways to super expensive glasses.
Regardless of your vision, every gamer needs a pair of the best gaming glasses. Not only do they protect your eyes today, they also protect your eyes from future eye conditions such as macular degeneration.
How Do Gaming Glasses Work?
Gaming glasses work by reflecting blue light and preventing it from reaching your eyes. For this reason, many gaming glasses are amber tinted which allows the glasses also reduce glare and are anti-reflective. However, not all gaming glasses are heavily tinted. There are some low color distortion lens options which are clearer.
Gamers may choose low color distortion lenses since they allow gamers to fully appreciate the wider range of color detail and vivid images provided by high definition games and 4K UHD monitors.
Benefits of Gaming Glasses
Here are some of the great benefits of gaming glasses:
- Improved gaming performance as they reduce eyestrain fatigue and provide headache relief. During long gaming sessions, fatigue will reduce both your concentration as well as performance.
- They protect your eyes from future eye health conditions. Although you are not likely to suffer from age related macular degeneration as a youth, gaming glasses will protect you from such conditions in the far future. These glasses can and should be worn even using screens in a non gaming setting.
- Since blue light can disrupt melatonin levels and cause depression, gaming glasses reduces your chances of depression, sleep cycle disruption, and headaches. Regular use of digital eyewear improves eye health.
- The best gaming glasses are also stylish and add some flair to your look when you go out in social settings.
Best Gaming Glasses Reviews
All glasses reviewed provide blue light protection, UV protection and glare reduction. As such, these features will not be mentioned under the special features spec category of the glasses listed below.
Gamma Ray Optics Digital Glasses
Gamma Ray Optics is one of the most well-known brands on the market when it comes to optical glasses. The Gamma Ray Optics Digital Glasses ensure your eyes are protected from harmful rays when gaming for long hours. They also offer UV400 protection as well as glare reduction.
These gaming glasses are made from polycarbonate. This guarantees that they are light yet durable. Not only are they efficient, they are also fashionable. The world-class customer service offered ensures you get all the solutions to problems faced after acquiring a pair of Gamma Ray Optics digital glasses. Lastly, if you’re not pleased with the glasses, Gamma Ray has a 90-day money back satisfaction guarantee.
Brand and Model – Gamma Ray Optics 801
Magnification Sizes – 0.00x, 1.00x, 1.25x, 1.50x, 1.75x, 2.00x
Additional Features – Polycarbonate construction, 6 Magnification Sizes
Why Buy the Gamma Ray Optics
- It is solidly built and well designed.
- The model comes in six different magnification sizes.
- A carrying case is included.
- Gamma Ray Optics is well known for their excellent products and reliable customer service.
- The glasses include a 90-day money back satisfaction guarantee.
- Best gaming glasses for the money.
HyperX Gaming Eyewear
HyperX Gaming Eyewear has the clearest lens of all the best gaming glasses reviewed. This is no surprise as HyperX is a renowned company that produces some of the best gaming accessories – from mouse pads, mice, microphones, keyboards to headsets. HyperX understands the importance of having a pair of glasses that causes minimal color distortion.
While this glass is very clear, it also offers blue light and UV protection that all the computer glasses reviewed do. These glasses are versatile, elegant, and can be worn to any social gathering. They are also very comfortable and durable.
Brand and Model – HyperX 4331052245 Gaming Eyewear
Magnification Sizes – 0.00x
Features – MR-8 lens material, Acetate frames
Why Buy the HyperX Gaming Eyewear
- The HyperX Gaming Eyewear is made by a recognized company that produces some of the best gaming accessories.
- The MR-8 lens is very clear with minimal color distortion.
- The acetate frame is durable and comfortable.
- The glasses come with a custom hard-shell case.
GUNNAR MLG Phantom
- Kill the glare with the only patented gaming eyewear to protect and enhance your vision through the use of their specially designed lenses featuring proprietary tints and coatings that block high-energy blue light, UV and glare
- Amber tint lens is perfect for computer and video gaming as it increases gaming precision and graphics; these high performance glasses with ultra slim temples help distribute headphone pressure and ensure headset compatibility
- Weighing in at only 25-grams, these lightweight glasses are properly balanced to reduce pressure points and combat eye strain, while also framing your face to protect your eyes from exposure to dry and ambient air currents that can cause irritation
- Adjustable silicone nose pad design helps to increase optical stability and reduce eye strain, while the stainless steel 132-millimeter temples and full rim frame ensure lightweight durability and visual enhancement throughout the day
- Limited Warranty that covers against defects for (1) year after purchase will keep you gaming in comfort due to the single-piece front construction made of high tensile steel with a fastener-free hinge design
The GUNNAR MLG Phantom is one of the best computer glasses available, if not the best. While the price is much higher the Gamma Ray glasses we reviewed earlier, the Gunnar MLG Phantom is better made and more luxurious.
Gunnar Optik uses specially patented lenses (GUNNAR’s i-AMP lens technology) to ensure more blue light (65%), UV rays, and glare is blocked. The high tensile steel construction ensures that the glasses are light yet durable, weighing in at just 25 grams (less than an ounce). The overall design of these glasses ensures that pressure points are diminished, which further results in fatigue reduction.
Brand and Model – Gunnar Optik PHA-00101 MLG Phantom
Magnification Sizes – 0.00x
Features –Adjustable silicone nose pad design, GUNNAR’s i-AMP lens technology
Why Buy the Gunnar MLG Phantom
- The patented GUNNAR’s i-AMP lens technology ensures more harmful rays are blocked.
- The glasses are lightweight yet durable thanks to their high tensile steel construction.
- The nose pad is adjustable. This increases optical stability.
PROSPEK Computer Glasses
- LOOKS GREAT ON EVERYONE - With our anti fatigue, anti glare quality blue light glasses women and men both look great! Our blue blocker will look great on your face and you will be fending off compliments with our unisex TR90 Extremely durable and comfortable polycarbonate fashion frame
- Not all bluelight blockers are made the same. DON'T CHEAP OUT! Our PREMIUM blue blocking glasses may not be the cheapest because they are the best for your eyes! Prospek blue light filter eyeglasses are third party tested. They will provide immediate and lasting strain relief for those who spend hours in front of a PC monitor, phone, tablet or TV, with their polycarbonate 7 layers of blue light protection lens
- EYE STRAIN RELIEF - Prospek stylish non polarized anti blue light glasses specs may help women and men relieve migraines, eye strain and dry eyes associated with too much blue light coming from screens
- Lens width: 53 millimeters
- REDUCED YELLOW TINT - Blue blocking eyewear often have either a dark orange/amber tint or are poor quality. Our lenses with anti reflective coating mean you get more protection with less tint.
According to Prospek, these computer glasses offer ultimate protection whether you are gaming or simply using your computer for work. If you are not satisfied with this pair of digital glasses, you can return it within 90 days of acquiring it. The Prospek computer glasses filter out most of the harmful blue lights emitted from computers, TVs and smartphone screens.
The PROSPEK Computer Glasses also feature glare, screen flicker, reflective, blue light and UV light protection. In addition, the glasses are anti-fog, anti-oil (fingerprint resistant), and anti-scratch.
Brand and Model – PROSPEK Computer Glasses
Magnification Sizes – 0.00x
Features – Anti-Fog, Anti-Reflective, Anti-Screen Flicke, Fingerprint Resistant, Anti-Scratch
Why Buy the PROSPEK Computer Glasses
- The glasses are anti-oil and anti-fog in addition to offering UV and blue light protection.
- A case and cleaning cloth are included.
- The Prospek computer glasses have a 90-day money back satisfaction guarantee.
J+S Vision Blue Light Shield Computer Reading/Gaming Glasses
- PROTECT YOUR EYES - High Energy Blue Light emitted by electronic devices (such as computers, TV, smartphones) have shown to increase the risk of vision conditions from sore dry eyes to macular degeneration. Maintain healthy eyes by reducing exposure to high energy blue light.
- IMPROVE PERFORMANCE AND PRODUCTIVITY - Extended exposure to blue light rays may cause fatigue and stress. Filtering out the High Energy Blue Light allows you to focus on your game or task at hand.
- BLOCKS 90% OF THE MOST HARMFUL BLUE LIGHT* - J+S Vision Blue Light Shield protects your eyes by filtering out 90% of the most harmful High Energy Blue Light (400nm - 430nm) rays while letting through the less harmful portion of the blue light spectrum. Overal blue block rate: Low Color Distortion lens = ~52%, HD lens = ~62%
- LOW COLOR DISTORTION LENS - Unlike other glasses on the market with heavily tinted lens. J+S Vision's low color distortion lens is optimised to provides the perfect balance between eye protection and viewing quality.
- QUALITY CLASSIC FRAME - The classic large rectangular frame is suitable for both male and female while covering large field of vision. Spring loaded temples allows for comfortable fitting for both large and small heads.
Unlike the Prospek computer glasses just reviewed which have heavily tinted lenses, these J+S Vision Computer Gaming Glasses offer low color disruption lens. These low color distortion lenses ensure your viewing quality is optimized while still protecting your eyes from harmful UV and blue light. The J+S gaming glasses block up to 90 percent of all harmful blue light. This leads to improved performance and comfort.
These glasses come in 6 different frame colors and styles. This gives you several options to choose from. In addition, these pair of glasses is highly affordable.
Brand and Model – J+S Vision Shield Computer Reading Glasses
Magnification Sizes – 0.00x
Features – Low color distortion lens
Why Buy the J+S Gaming Glasses
- The low color distortion lenses of this pair of glasses mean that viewing quality is great.
- They offer good value for money.
- As with all the glasses in this article, they protect your eyes from blue light.
GUNNAR Gaming and Computer Eyewear
- Recommended by doctors, our blue light blocking computer & gaming glasses (Patented Lens #9417460) protects your vision, reduces eye strain and headaches while viewing tablets, computers, TV, and phones
- Unlike other blue light blocking glasses, GUNNAR developed the Blue Light Protection Factor, telling you exactly how much of the peak blue light spectrum (450nm) We're blocking. Not all blue light glasses in the market protects you from the strongest high-energy visible light.
- The preferred gaming glasses for men and women, GUNNAR protects against symptoms stemming from prolonged screen-staring including migraines, headaches, dry eyes, blurry vision, negative effects of blue light exposure, cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Specs: lens Width: 58 mm | nose: 17 mm | frame Width: 133 mm | Temple: 135 mm | weight: 33 grams. Gunnar produces ergonomically designed gaming eyewear with a lightweight frame to give you a full day of comfortable screen viewing.
The GUNNAR Gaming and Computer Eyewear come in 8 different frame colors such as cobalt, black onyx, kryptonite, fire and many more. While many gamers will like the colorful frames, those who don’t can choose the black frame available.
As with the first Gunnar glasses we reviewed, the Gunnar patented lens technology comes into play once more. This technology allows the lens to block more blue light and better protect your eyes.
The glasses are solidly constructed, modish, effective and efficient. The only worry is the pricing. With some of the styles costing as much as $140, Gunnar gaming eyewear doesn’t come cheap.
Brand and Model – GUNNAR Gaming and Computer Eyewear – Intercept
Magnification Sizes – 0.00x
Unique Features – Polycarbonate construction, Gunnar patented lens technology
Why Buy the GUNNAR Gaming and Computer Eyewear
- The patented GUNNAR’s i-AMP lens technology ensures over 65 percent of all harmful blue light is blocked.
- The Gunnar brand is an industry leader when it comes to eye health and safety. In fact, their glasses are the only eyewear recommended by doctors to protect and enhance your vision when video gaming for an extended period of time.
- The eyewear comes in 8 distinct colors and styles.
GAMEKING Clip-on Rimless Gaming Glasses (Designed to be worn over prescription glasses)
- ANTI BLUE LIGHT & UV - our patented amber tinted lens block 60% blue light in overall with perfect balance of filtering 85% very harmful blue light in the 400~440nm wavelength and allowing transmittance of 56% less harmful or even beneficial blue light in the 440~500nm wavelength. Blocking too much light or wearing too dark color lens may affect vision or increase risk of color weakness (partially colorblind) over time.
- NO MORE EYE STRAINS & GLARES - anti reflective (AR) coating and tinted lens eliminate glare, improve contrast, and enhance depth perception, reducing digital eye strains, eye fatigue, and headache, optimizing visual acuity clarity with fewer distractions and more viewing comfort, and helping fall asleep faster. Ideal for working, gaming, or browsing on PC, tablets, smart phones, TV or near office LED lights.
- EASY MONEY SAVING SOLUTION compared to paying expensive coating for new prescription glasses - can be easily clipped onto and fit over your current prescription eyeglasses. Work with most types of frames including rimless ones. SILICONE FEET COVER can effectively protect your lens from scratching and increase friction to prevent sliding. PLEASE check out the detailed dimensions shown in the picture before purchase!
- FDA REGISTERED manufacturer and product assure your satisfaction on the product quality. Lens have passed FDA Drop Ball Test to ensure impact resistance and safety. Made with lightweight and durable premium alloy materials. WEIGHS ONLY 10g. Functional coating layers offer fog oils or stain-repellent, easy-to-clean, abrasion and scratch-resistant benefits.
- 1 YEAR BREAKAGE WARRANTY + 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - contact the seller in case of any breakage and we will solve the problem until satisfaction. GIFT WORTHY PACKAGE include 1 hard case and 1 soft cleaning cloth. The outer box is made from 100% recycled fiber and is 100% recyclable.
As you may have already noticed, most of the glasses on the list have a magnification size of 0.00x. As such, if you have vision problems that require prescription glasses, you may not be able to exchange your prescription glasses for a computer glasses. That is where the GAMEKING Clip On Gaming Glasses come in handy. You can wear this clip-on over your existing glasses.
Another exciting feature of these glasses is its lifetime breakage warranty as well as a thirty-day money back guarantee. What about effectiveness? Well these glasses block harmful blue light, and UV light. They are also anti-glare and anti-reflective.
Brand and Model – GAMEKING 4331052261
Magnification Sizes – 0.00x
Weight – 8 grams (0.28 ounces)
Unique Features – Clip-on rimless glasses, lifetime breakage warranty, thirty-day money back guarantee
Why Buy the GAMEKING Clip-on Rimless Gaming Glasses
- You can wear the clip-on glasses over an existing pair of glasses. This makes them convenient for persons who already wear prescription glasses.
- The glasses have a lifetime breakage warranty as well as a thirty-day money back guarantee.
- They are light, comfortable to wear and effective at filtering harmful UV and blue light rays.
Best Gaming Glasses – Wrap Up
For a gamer to comfortably and efficiently perform long term, the right pair of gaming glasses is a must. When selecting gaming glasses we can look at cost, brand, size, design and features such as anti-glare, UV protection, and many more. Once you peruse these features, you can better select the right glasses.
We have provided the best digital eyewear on the market in 2019 so as to make your job of finding the best gaming glasses more convenient. Go through our list, weigh the pros of each digital pair of glasses, and find the best one for you.
Last update on 2022-06-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API