Last Updated on March 3, 2020 by Jake
For gamers, the best gaming mouse pad can make all of the difference. Casual gamers may be content to stick with a default mouse pad, but hardcore and pro players know that a proper gaming mouse pad is a crucial piece of your gaming set up.
In this post, we’ll go over all of the research we’ve done and give you our picks for the best gaming mouse pads on the market today!
In a Rush? Here’s Our Top Picks:
|Corsair MM300 - Anti-Fray Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad - High-Performance Mouse Pad Optimized for Gaming Sensors - Designed for Maximum Control - Extended (CH-9000108-WW),Multi color||Check Price on Amazon|
|SteelSeries QcK Gaming Surface - Large Cloth - Best Selling Mouse Pad of All Time - Optimized For Gaming Sensors - Maximum Control||Check Price on Amazon|
|Corsair mm1000 Qi Wireless Charging Mouse Pad - Adapters Included for Most Smartphones Including iPhone and Android (CH-9440022-NA)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Logitech G440 Hard Gaming Mouse Pad for High DPI Gaming||Check Price on Amazon|
|MSI Thunderstorm Aluminum Gaming Mousepad with Speed Surface Non-Slip Feet (Gf9-V000001-Eb9)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Razer Firefly Chroma Hard Gaming Mouse Pad: Customizable Chroma RGB Lighting - 14"x10" - Ideal for Quicker Mouse Movements - Non-Slip Rubber Base||Check Price on Amazon|
What To Look For In A Gaming Mouse Pad?
The surface material of the mouse can drastically change just how quickly you can get your pointer in place make a shot during your online battles. A slick aluminum surface is better for high DPI game play while a cloth surface provides a better surface if precision is key. Regardless of the surface material, a low-friction surface is a must.
The bigger the mouse mat, the more space you will have to maneuver the mouse. For those who prefer a low DPI setting, a large mouse mat is especially an advantage.
Some mouse mats offer wireless charging, RGB lighting, and a USB pass-through. Today, the mouse pad isn’t just the surface you put your mouse on. You can use these mats to charge your phones and other wireless devices. They offer RGB lighting to brighten up your gaming station. They can even allow you to attach more peripherals to your PC.
Best Gaming Mouse Pad Reviews
- Sturdy aluminum core: Rigid, light weight and durable for consistent glide and long life
- Two unique surfaces: Low-friction and high-control options to match any gaming style
- Expert-grade tracking: Precision engineering ensures accurate tracking
- Zero-slip rubberized corners: Designed for exceptional grip with minimal interference
The Corsair MM600 is arguably the best gaming mouse pad. This sleek black mouse pad has an aluminum surface for quick frictionless mouse movement and a rubber surface for precision movement. The aluminum surface is just 3 millimeters thick with the rubber part making up the remaining 2 millimeters. The aluminum/rubber surface combo makes this a tough and versatile pad.
Size – 352 x 272 x 5 mm / 3.90 x 10.70 x 0.20 inches
Materials- Aluminum surface, rubber base (which is also a surface)
- Smooth surface for quick mouse movement
- Large surface
- Has both a soft and a hard surface
- Lacks a USB pass-through
Corsair MM300 Extended
- Superior control: Textile weave surface designed for pixel precise targeting and low friction tracking
- No fray, No fuss: Surrounded stitched edges guard against surface peeling for maximum durability
- Accurate + Precise: Optimized for both laser and optical gaming mice
- Zero slip: Anti-skid rubber base helps it stay securely in place
This large pad can easily fit a mouse and a keyboard comfortably with space left over. The smooth cloth surface allows for precision shots. If you are playing a game where sensitivity and low DPI is necessary, the Corsair MM300 Extended will give you an advantage over other gamers.
It is budget priced without features such as RGB lighting, or wireless charging. However, it accomplishes the most important function of a mouse pad excellently.
Size – 930 x 300 x 3 mm / 36.61 x 11.8 x 0.12 inches
Materials- Cloth surface, rubber base
- Huge surface
- Smooth precision tracking surface
- Anti-fray cloth
- Stitched edges
- Width could be a little bigger.
- The top choice of esports pros for nearly 20 years
- Exclusive QcK micro woven cloth optimized for low and high DPI tracking movements
- Non slip rubber base eliminates unwanted movement
- The perfect size for fast paced and low DPI players who require extra space for sweeping mouse movements
- 450 millimeter x 400 millimeter x 2 millimeter / 17.72 inch x 15.75 inch
The SteelSeries QcK is a large affordable mouse mat with a high thread count, which allows for smooth mouse movement with zero drag movement. It doesn’t offer special features but it’s a solid gaming mouse pad. It comes in many sizes and has a higher end version – QcK Prism.
Size – 320 X 270 x 2 mm / 12.6 x 10.6 x 0.07 inches
Materials- Cloth surface
- Low friction surface
- A basic gaming mouse pad with no special features
Corsair MM1000 Qi
- Qi wireless charging allows you to effortlessly charge any QI Certified Device
- Included USB Micro-B, Type-C and Lightning QI charging adapters enable you to charge almost any other wireless/mobile Device
- Performance micro-textured Hard surface tuned for Optical or laser mouse precision
- Convenient USB 3.0 pass-through port for maximum Device compatibility
- Built-in LED indicator displays charging status at a glance
Mousepads now have a new function – they wirelessly charge phones. That’s the selling point of the Corsair MM1000 Qi. The Qi charging feature of this mouse pad allows gamers to charge their iPhone, Android phones, and other mobile devices thanks to the charging adapters that come with this mouse mat.
The micro-textured hard surface is perfect for fast gameplay. Other features include a USB pass-through, USB Micro-B, Type-C and Lightning QI charging adapters, and a LED indicator that shows charging status. This mouse mat also lights up!
Size – 350 x 260 x 5 mm / 13.77 x 10.23 x 0.19 inches
Materials- Micro-textured hard surface
- Large smooth surface
- USB 3.0 pass-through
- USB Micro-B, Type-C and Lightning QI charging adapters allow you to charge almost every type of mobile/wireless device.
Logitech G440 Hard Gaming Mouse Pad
- Low surface friction for high dpi gaming: Hard surface improves mouse and cursor control in high speed gaming
- Consistent surface texture: Gives you greater tracking performance and aiming precision
- Matched to logitech G sensors: The ideal surface, game lab tested to maximize logitech G mouse sensor accuracy and performance
- Stable, rigid base: Rubber base keeps the pad in place during intense gaming action
- Durable multi layer construction: Made to last with a hard tracking surface and strong polymer core
Hard surface gives gamers an edge when it comes to high DPI games, which require quick mouse movements. While not as sleek as the Corsair MM600, the Logitech G440 Hard Gaming Mouse Pad has a lower price tag and performs well.
Size – 340 x 280 x 3 mm / 13.39 x 11.03 x 0.13 inches
Materials- Plastic (polyethylene) surface
- Low friction surface
- Tiny branding
- Reliable sturdy base
- Still pricey for what it offers
- Solid aluminum construction
- Two-sided design
- Unique l-shaped ergonomic design
- Anti-slip silicone feet
- Protective chamfer design
The ultra-thin MSI Thunderstorm is made of aluminum for sleek fast movement. This makes it ideal for high DPI gameplay. This durable mouse pad doesn’t bend under pressure and its silicone feet are slip resistive. It is also quite affordable for an aluminum build.
Size – 320 x 225 x 2 mm / 12.6 x 8.8 x 0.07 inches
Materials- Anodized aluminum surface, and a hard plastic polymer surface
- Durable aluminum build
- Has two surfaces – the aluminum surface and a micro-textured surface
- Sleek low friction surface
- The very large dragon logo isn’t for everyone.
- The Razer Firefly features a hard, micro-textured finish for the perfect balance between control and speed
- Razer Chroma gives more personalization options with 16. 8 million colors and customizable lighting effects via Razer Synapse
- The precise, consistent surface offers you ultimate precision and complete control, regardless of which gaming mouse or sensitivity settings you use
Wireless is great – wireless mouse, wireless controller, wireless headset. The list goes on. The fewer wires and cables you have to deal with the better. As a gamer, I love the wireless mouse. However, having your mouse run out of power in mid-battle can be a painful experience.
This is where a wireless charging mouse pad like the Razer Firefly comes in handy. This mouse mat charges your mouse as you play, and once you switch to a charging gaming mouse pad you will have a hard time going back. It has a soft side for when accuracy is needed and a hard side for when speed is needed.
Size – 355 x 282 x 12.7 mm /13.97 x 11.12 x 0.5 inches
Materials- Cloth and Plastic
- Has a soft and hard surface
- Charges your mouse as you play
- RGB lighting enabled
- High priced
- Lacks a USB pass-through
Best Gaming Mouse Pad – Wrap Up
Hopefully, you now have all the information needed to acquire the best gaming mouse pad for you. While differences between mouse pads may not seem significant to casual gamers, to hardcore gamers, these minute differences can make or break our decision of which mouse pad to use.
Check out our posts on Best Gaming Mouse for FPS Shooters to complete your gaming mouse and gaming mouse pad set up!
Last update on 2020-12-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API