Last Updated on
If you click a link on this page, then go on to make a purchase, we may receive a commission but at no extra cost to you.
One of the most classic arcade games in the world is arcade basketball. Every time I go to Dave and Busters you can guarantee that I’ll find my way to the basketball arcade game at some point. It’s tons of fun to play whether you are a skilled basketball player or a total beginner. Some of the most fun I’ve ever had is playing the best indoor basketball arcade game with friends.
In case you didn’t know, you can actually enjoy all of the fun that arcade basketball has to offer in the comfort of your home! It’s a great way to have fun with friends or to practice your basketball shot in your game room, man cave, or basement. In the rest of this post, we’ve highlighted the best indoor basketball arcade games along with some tips to help you pick the best one for you!
Short on Time? Here’s Our Top Picks:
|Pop-A-Shot New Official Home Dual Shot Basketball Arcade Game||Check Price on Amazon|
|ESPN EZ Fold Indoor Basketball Game for 2 Players with LED Scoring and Arcade Sounds (6-Piece Set)||Check Price on Amazon|
|Lifetime 90648 Double Shot Deluxe Indoor Basketball Hoop Arcade Game||Check Price on Amazon|
|Hathaway Sure Shot Dual Electronic Basketball Game||Check Price on Amazon|
|Pop-A-Shot Official PRO Dual Shot||Check Price on Amazon|
|Pop-A-Shot Home Single Shot||Check Price on Amazon|
Best Indoor Basketball Arcade Game Reviews
As promised, here’s a detailed look at our top picks:
Pop-A-Shot Official Home Dual Shot Basketball Arcade Game
Overall Best Indoor Basketball Arcade
- THE ULTIMATE BASKETBALL ARCADE GAME: From the pioneers that created the original Pop-A-Shot basketball game comes the completely redesigned Home Dual Shot with revolutionary technology and multiple game options.
- 16 INDIVIDUAL GAMES: Featuring 16 different games--the most of any arcade basketball game--and six audio options, the Home Dual Shot provides interactive game play for hours.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Made from sturdy 1 ½” steel tubes with a powder coating to eliminate rusting and chipping and a thick nylon ramp, the Home Dual Shot can withstand continual use for years. The frame and backboard are much thicker and sturdier than those of most other basketball arcade games. The new rims are stronger than ever before.
- INCREDIBLY ACCURATE: Using proprietary infrared sensors and revised placements, the Home Dual Shot scoring system is nearly 100% accurate. A large, three-digit scoreboard and audio jack to power external speakers enhance game play.
- MULTIPLE SIZE & MOBILITY OPTIONS: The height of the game can be configured for multiple settings and different-sized ceilings. The game is also powered by battery or AC adapters and has wheels, making transportation easy.
Pop-A-Shot is a company that only makes indoor basketball arcades, and they do it extremely well. All of their effort and energy goes into their arcade games, and the end product is fantastic. They have a professional and premium series, but we want to focus on one of their home series products.
Before we get into features, I first want to highlight the quality of the construction with the Pop-A-Shot. Much of the frame is built with stainless steel tubes, and the ramp is composed of thick nylon. It’s designed to handle consistent use and to last a long time.
Features wise, the Pop-A-Shot is absolutely loaded. The game comes pre equipped with 10 different mini games and 6 audio options. The hoops are kitted with proprietary infrared sensors that are as close as you can get to being 100% accurate. Height wise, the Pop-A-Shot can be modified to fit different ceiling heights.
In addition to all of that, the look of the basketball arcade game is crisp and sleek. All of those things are the reason why the Pop-A-Shot gets our vote for the overall best indoor basketball arcade game.
ESPN EZ Fold Indoor Basketball Game
- Dimensions: 81" L x 48" w x 80.5" H
- Product weight 45 lbs
- Unique foldable design for easy storage
- Features 8 different games for 1 or 2 players
- 30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE ensures your satisfaction. If your family doesn’t enjoy this challenging indoor basketball game, return it for a full refund of your purchase price. Reach our US customer service at 877-472-4296 (Mon-Fri 9-5 CST)
The ESPN EZ Fold is just an all around solid choice if you’re looking for the best indoor basketball arcade game. What’s particularly nice about this game is its portability. It’s designed to easily fold up and stow away when it’s not in use. That can be a really nice feature if you don’t have enough space to justify having a full size indoor basketball arcade in your game room full time.
The beautiful thing with the ESPN EZ Fold though, is that you don’t have to sacrifice quality for the gain in convenience. Hollowed steel tubes are used to construct the frame which are designed to last a long time while remaining lightweight. A nice subtle feature is 3″ lockable wheels that allow for easy transportation across a variety of surfaces.
The machine comes with 8 different skill games programmed in, and is kitted with sound effects. This way you can play different game types and create an electric environment for your competitions!
Lifetime Double Shot Deluxe Indoor Basketball Arcade Game
Best Indoor Basketball Arcade for Kids
- New improved infrared scoring sensors provide fast and accurate scoring
- Game Room Essential - Includes 12 different game options with front mounted controller to easily switch between games
- Easily Adjustable Height Frame in Front and Back; Convenient Fold-Up Design for Safe, Easy Storage
- Upgraded digital Scoreboard With triple digit scoring for the over achievers
- Six high-quality mini-basketballs and pump included. Backboard materials: medium-density fiberboard (MDF)
Lifetime makes a fantastic arcade basketball product that is perfect for families. Their machine is framed by powder coated steel and features a strong nylon ramp for maximum durability.
Both sides of the Lifetime Double Shot are adjustable. So if you need to adjust the height to best fit your room, it’s easy breezy. On the other side, the front rail can be lowered to cater to the height of the person playing. That makes it a perfect option for kids.
The Lifetime Double Shot also comes loaded with features. For starters, there is a scoreboard and sound effects designed to keep you engaged in the game and make you feel like you just sunk a buzzer beater. The machine is loaded with 12 total games for 1-4 players so you can entertain a squad of people.
Last, the Double Shot has some of the best infrared scoring technology. One of the most frustrating things about arcade basketball is when a made shot doesn’t register. That’s something you don’t have to worry about on this machine!
Hathaway Sure Shot Dual Electronic Basketball Game
Best Indoor Basketball Arcade for Under $100
- Dimensions: 81-in L x 43-in W x 40.5-in H
- LED electronic scorer with sounds and timer - 8 exciting games to choose from
- 9mm thick CARB certified MDF backboard with colorful action graphics
- Durable rip-stop polyester ramp with double stitched side netting
- Powder coated 7/8-in diameter steel frame; Heavy duty 9-in diameter powder coated steel welded rims
Full disclosure – the Hathaway Sure Shot is a midsize indoor basketball game. It’s not quite the dimensions of a full size indoor basketball arcade. But, it’s still tons of fun and very easy on your wallet.
As far as features go, you get just about everything you’d get from any of the other arcade basketball games on this list. It comes with an LED electronic scoreboard and 8 different game options programmed in. There are also sound effects that will play throughout the game.
The one downside of the Hathaway Sure Shot is the MDF construction. It’s most likely not going to make a big difference, but MDF has been known to not last super long sometimes. That’s the tradoff for such an affordable machine!
Pop-A-Shot Official PRO Dual Shot
Best Premium Arcade Basketball Game
- THE ULTIMATE BASKETBALL ARCADE GAME: From the pioneers that created the original Pop-A-Shot basketball game comes the finest two basket game ever made.
- 10 INDIVIDUAL GAMES: Featuring 10 different games and six audio options, the PRO Dual provides interactive game play for hours.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Made from ¼” thick steel bars and a heavy-duty vinyl ramp, the PRO Dual can withstand continual use for years. The frame and backboard are commercial grade.
- INCREDIBLY ACCURATE: Using proprietary infrared sensors, the PRO Dual scoring system is nearly 100% accurate. A large, three-digit scoreboard and audio jack to power external speakers enhance game play.
Earlier in this post, we mentioned that Pop-A-Shot had a “professional” line of products. The Official PRO Dual Shot is the flagship model of their professional series and it is a doozy. The backboard and rims are so high quality that you feel like you might as well be in a gym.
All of the features listed in the Home Dual Shot apply here, except there are a few additional ones. The ramp is made of an exquisite white vinyl that doesn’t scuff and is incredibly durable. Perhaps my favorite feature is an audio jack that will link to external speakers to enhance gameplay.
The price tag is high, but this is a commercial grade machine that could just as easily go in a pub or arcade as your home. If you are a diehard, this is the best indoor basketball arcade game for you.
Pop-A-Shot Home Single Shot
Best Indoor Basketball Arcade for Single Player
- THE ULTIMATE BASKETBALL ARCADE GAME: From the pioneers that created the original Pop-A-Shot basketball game comes the completely redesigned Home Single Shot with revolutionary technology and multiple game options.
- 6 INDIVIDUAL GAMES: Featuring 6 different games and six audio options, the Home Single Shot provides interactive game play for hours.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Made from sturdy 1 ½” steel tubes with a powder coating to eliminate rusting and chipping and a thick nylon ramp, the Home Single Shot can withstand continual use for years. The frame and backboard are much thicker and sturdier than those of most other basketball arcade games.
- INCREDIBLY ACCURATE: Using proprietary infrared sensors, the Home Single Shot scoring system is nearly 100% accurate. A large, three-digit scoreboard and audio jack to power external speakers enhance game play.
- MOBILITY: The game is also powered by battery or AC adapters and has wheels, making transportation easy.
If you’ve made it this far in the article you have probably picked up on the fact that we love Pop-A-Shot. Simply put, they make a really good product and have a great track record. It’s no different when it comes to their single hoop version.
The Home Single Shot is a great option for the space conscious. It’s only 2.5 feet wide so you can fit it in tight spaces or up against walls. It’s never been easier to practice your jumper indoors.
Features wise, it comes kitted with everything you’d expect from a Pop-A-Shot. Such as an LED scoreboard, wheels for storage, multiple programmed games, and a great audio system.
Tips When Looking for the Best Indoor Basketball Arcade
There are a few things you should look for when shopping around. We wanted to highlight a few of them to help make your buying decision easier!
Backboard and Rim Specs
Not all basketball arcade games are created equal. If you are a more avid basketball player, you may only get enjoyment out of a game that closely mimics a regulation hoop. A Pop-A-Shot would be a great option for that kind of player.
On the other hand you may not care about that or if you are buying for kids, it might actually be better to buy a mini size to help introduce them to the game. Either way, it’s important to pay attention to this when shopping for the best indoor basketball arcade.
Do you have a permanent space for your basketball arcade? Or is it important that you can easily fold up and store it when not in use? This is something important to consider, because some of the more expensive models are not designed to be mobile.
Really think about which features would make the best indoor basketball arcade game for you. How important are varieties in game type? Or are you just trying to prefect your shot? How much do sound effects enhance the experience for you? Some arcades have poor sensors under the hoop. Would it frustrate you if the game inconsistently registered whether or not you actually made a shot?
All of those questions are very important to think about. Generally speaking if you are looking at any model under $200, there is a good chance you will need to compromise in one of these areas.
We hope you now have the information you need to help you get the best indoor basketball arcade! If there are any models you feel we mistakenly left out, please reply in the comments section below.
Need ideas for your game room? Check out our mega post on game room ideas next!
Last update on 2020-08-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API