Last Updated on March 3, 2020 by Jake
Whether you are a golfer or not, an indoor putting green can be a great addition for your game room or office. There are quite a few different options and price points for indoor putting greens as well. The first thing to think about is what the purpose of your putting green is going to be.
Are you looking to improve your game? A putting mat with alignment aids and fast tournament like speeds might be best for you. If your intentions are more casual or aesthetic, a putting mat with an authentic look might be the best option for you.
Either way, we’ve taken the time to research and compile a list of the best indoor putting greens for your game room, garage, or office.
Table of Contents
In a Rush? Here’s Our Top Picks
|BOBURN Golf Putting Green/Mat-Golf Training Mat- Professional Golf Practice Mat- Green Long Challenging Putter for Indoor/Outdoor (5x10ft Green)
|Check Price on Amazon
|VariSpeed Putting System - Practice 4 Different Speeds On One Mat!
|Check Price on Amazon
|SKLZ Golf Indoor Putting Green, 3 x 9 feet
|Check Price on Amazon
|Milliard Grassroots Par Three Putting Green (9-feet x 3-feet)
|Check Price on Amazon
|JEF World Of Golf Hazard Deluxe Putting Mat
|Check Price on Amazon
Best Indoor Putting Green Reviews
BOBURN Golf Putting Green/Mat-Golf Training Mat- Professional Golf Practice Mat
- ⁂ Real feel – With this golf putting green you will have the actual feel that you are in a golf course. True-roll surface simulates real green conditions with a similar stimp meter reading. You will notice your swings get better after only a short period practicing on the golf putting green.
- ☀Heavy duty –This golf putting mat is made of the highest quality material that you can find anywhere. It has a soft high-elastic base that helps it to adhere on any surface that you place it on indoors. This ensures that as you swing your club to hit the ball, the putting green does not slide on the surface and you feel confident like you are playing on real grass.
- ☁ Golf like holes – The three golf holes on the putting green look like you are get on a golf course. They have a stainless steel flag post and the cup as well. This produces a certain sound whenever you put a ball in it. This adds to the thrill of playing the game.
- ☂ Perfect for indoors and outdoors–The golf putting mat is a perfect fit for both indoors and outdoors. You can enjoy your game of golf outside on your backyard or patio, or you may decide to stay indoors in your house or enjoy the game during breaks while at work. It does not require a lot of space to set up and allows you to enjoy golf without having to go to an actual golf course.
- ★Gift for friends – If you have friends that enjoy a game of golf, then this is the gift you should think of getting them. Even if they do not play golf, soon enough they will be addicted to the game due to the thrill of playing it.
When it comes to all around quality, the BOBURN Professional Golf Putting Green gets our vote for best indoor putting green overall.
It’s not hard to see why – aesthetically it’s got a beautiful and authentic appearance. The green itself has a true roll surface with speeds of about a 10 on the stimpmeter.
High quality materials were used in the construction of this putting green, so it’s the sort of thing you have to buy once and it will last you for years. It works both indoors and outdoors, and can take some light weathering – although we wouldn’t recommend leaving it out in the rain.
Dimensions wise, it’s 4′ by 10′ and features three different cups to aim at, meaning you can practice a bunch of different types of putts on this mat.
ProAdvanced ProInfinity Putting Mat
- PRACTICE PUTTING ANYWHERE - This 10 foot putting mat is perfect for any golfer's home; designed to fit in your office, living room, backyard, or anywhere else you can find a flat surface; get ready for lower scores on the golf course
- UNIQUE FEATURES - The Varispeed Putting System includes features you won't find anywhere else; adjustable speeds let you choose from 4 Stimp tested speeds ranging from 7.5-13 on one indoor putting green; plus, with visible ball traces you can evaluate every putt even after you've made your stroke
- CUSTOM BREAKS - With the included adjustable break wedge you can set up realistic break conditions; practice uphill or downhill putts, or left and right breakers; this mat was built for ALL golfers, whether you're looking to fine-tune your game before a weekend tournament, or just looking for something fun to play with friends and family - this is the training aid for you
- SMART GUIDELINES - Allow for you to perfect your putt and enable several fun games to be played; the included booklet covers pro training exercises and fun games for multiple players; this mat was meticulously tested by actual golfers so that the games, drills, and overall "feel" of the mat ensure you're game is improving and you're having fun at the same time
- SPECS & CARE - The 10 foot x 20 inch VariSpeed mat easily rolls up for fast, convenient storage and set up; follow standard carpet cleaning methods for spills or messes and avoid direct sunlight for prolonged periods; make sure to place mat on flat surfaces
When it comes to indoor putting mats, the ProInfinity is truly hard to beat, from a lot of different perspectives. It’s a really nice blend of performance and price point.
The ProAdvanced ProInfinity Putting Mat has 4 different speeds that simulate various green speeds. The slowest section of the mat runs at an 8 on the stimpmeter while the fastest end runs at a 12.5 (which is equivalent to many PGA Tour tournament green speeds). The ProInfinity also has a very realistic feeling roll to it, so each putt reacts like it’s on a real green.
Another neat feature is that the green can be modified to simulate breaking putts. Each putt also leaves a small trail on the mat for analysis of your line. These trails can be easily erased so you can start fresh whenever you want.
Size wise, the mat is 10 feet long and about 20 inches wide. For the person who wants to genuinely get better at putting, this is probably the best indoor putting green for you.
The ONLY potential downside to this mat is that it doesn’t look like an actual putting green. It looks like a training aid and is super high performance, but if you are looking for an indoor putting green that looks like an actual golf green, this might not be the best option for you.
Synturfmats Putting Green Mat
The Synturfmats Putting Green Mat is an excellent premium indoor putting green. Aesthetically, the green looks really similar to an actual putting green. So, if you are going for looks in your game room or office, this green is a really nice option.
The Synturfmats Putting Green Mat also works indoors and outdoors. While most people buy a putting mat for indoor use, it is nice to have the option to put it on the driveway or in your backyard.
When the mat isn’t in use, it frankly looks good just sitting out as it is. But, if you ever need to store the green, it easily rolls up and will fit nicely in a closet or garage.
Best Indoor Putting Greens Under $50
If you don’t want to break the bank on an indoor putting mat, there are definitely some options out there at a more attractive price. Here are a few indoor putting greens under $50.
SKLZ Putting Green
While the SKLZ Putting Green has a basic look, it has a pretty true roll and 3 cups to aim at.
The dimensions are 9 feet by 3 feet, and the mat is super light weight, so it’s incredibly easy to store. Additionally, the SKLZ Putting Green is durable and waterproof, so one purchase should last you years.
To back up the quality, SKLZ provides a 1 year warranty on the mat, so any issues can be addressed with a replacement or full refund.
Milliard Premium Putting Green
Also with 9 by 3 feet dimensions, the Milliard Premium Putting Green is a space efficient indoor putting green. There is a slight bump up in price compared to the SKLZ, mostly due to quality.
The Milliard Premium Putting Green is backed with EVA foam which creates a true roll and adds a level of durability to the mat. The foam also helps the mat stay in place while in use. Additionally, it has a crease resistant quality for when the mat is in storage.
JEF Deluxe Putting Mat
The JEF Deluxe Putting Mat is the most basic and cost effective option on the market. At 7.5 feet long, you are somewhat limited on how long of a putt you can hit with this mat. Additionally, the mat is prone to creases when stored for long periods of time.
The mat is a straight piece of carpet with an incline coming right before the hole. There is a ball return mechanism built in that is a quite nice feature.
If you are looking for quality, this may not be the best option. This mat is great for the golfer on a budget who just wants to get reps in.
What to Look For When Buying an Indoor Putting Green
If you’re looking for the best indoor putting green for either yourself or the golfer in your life, here are a few good things to keep in mind:
Obviously, price plays a big role. Indoor putting greens or mats can be as cheap as $20 or as expensive as $300. It all comes down to what you want though.
More expensive greens will be better simulations of what you’d find on an actual championship level golf course. If you’re trying to improve your game, it may be worth a few extra bucks to get something that will give you a truer roll.
On the other hand, if you just want to hit a few putts to take a break from work every now and again, you’ll probably be just fine with one of the more cost friendly options.
On a similar note if you’re looking to practice and do drills with your putting mat, be sure to check out some of the options that include grid lines and other training aids.
Adjustable Breaks and Multiple Holes
Unless you want to practice hitting the same putt over and over, look for a green that lets you adjust the break of your putt. This way, you can practice left to right and right to left putts at home. Multiple holes are also a great way to mix up your practice routine.
Best Indoor Putting Green – Wrap Up
Last update on 2022-06-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API