Last Updated on March 30, 2020 by Jake
There are times when an outdoor ping pong game is the way to go. While you can move an indoor table outside for a game, this has several disadvantages. Apart from the fact that indoor ping pong tables are not designed to withstand outdoor weather, they are also not constructed to be moved up and down on a regular basis.
Outdoor ping pong tables are much more durable and are constructed to withstand harsh sunlight without fading, high humidity without warping, and even strong winds without shaking uncontrollably. While outdoor table tennis tables are generally more expensive, these heavy-duty tables are the way to go if you wish to host games outdoors.
In this article, we’ve reviewed our top best outdoor ping pong table choices. By the end, you should have a good idea of which models will best elevate your outdoor game room!
In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top Picks:
|Top||Stiga XTR Indoor/Outdoor Table Tennis Table||Check Price on Amazon|
|Top||Cornilleau 500M Crossover Indoor/Outdoor Blue Table Tennis Table||Check Price on Amazon|
|Top||Kettler Champ 5.0 Outdoor Table Tennis Table with Outdoor Accessory Bundle||Check Price on Amazon|
|Top||Kettler Eden Weatherproof Stationary Outdoor Table Tennis Table||Check Price on Amazon|
Best Outdoor Ping Pong Table Reviews
Here are the best outdoor ping pong tables on the market at this moment. The tables reviewed include the JOOLA NOVA, the Cornilleau – 500M, the Kettler Champ 5.0, STIGA XTR, and the Kettler Eden.
Cornilleau – 500M Crossover Outdoor Table
- Excellent Bounce - 7mm Laminate Surface with Glare Reduction (10x)
- Safe and Easy to fold for Storage or Playback
- Galvanized Steel Frame, Wheelchair friendly, Adjustable legs
- Larger double-wheels (almost 8") with notched tread
Tabletop Thickness: 7 mm
Tabletop Construction: laminate surface with glare reduction
Dimension: 30″ (H) x 108″ (L) x 60″ (W)
Other Features: adjustable net, adjustable legs, separate folding halves, oversized double wheels, locking wheels, crossing handle, storage for paddles and balls, ball dispensers
The Cornilleau - 500M Crossover Outdoor Table is a fun table with several noticeable quality-of-life features. Made in France by Cornilleau company, you can expect better quality from the Cornilleau – 500M (better than what you usually find coming out in China). The table is a high-end Olympics level table so the price is quite steep. However, it is worth every penny. Personally, it’s my favorite ping pong/table tennis table.
This table is regulation-sized, with dimensions of 5 ft wide by 9 ft long by 30 inches high. The surface is 7 mm thick and laminated. This helps reduce glare (which is a major factor to consider when choosing an outdoor table). This table can withstand high humidities as well as dry sunny weather. Thanks to the table’s galvanized steel frame, it is sturdy and strong. It can also be folded and wheeled for easy storage.
There are many wonderful features introduced by the Cornilleau – 500M. The adjustable net can be adjusted for both height and tension. The table also has several ball dispensers that always ensure there are balls within reach. The covers of the table are padded to offer maximum safety for children and adults alike.
The net is retractable, and it retracts when you fold up the table for storage. On the topic of storage, the table’s eight large wheels make moving the table a breeze. They can also lock in place. The crossing handles allow you to effortlessly lift the table over obstacles.
- The Cornilleau – 500M Crossover Outdoor Table is one of the best professional-level ping pong tables you can find.
- It is a very durable and well-made table.
- It offers many quality-of-life improvements such as large wheels, glare reduction, padded corners, and several others.
- The table provides excellent bounce.
- The Cornilleau – 500M is a high-priced table.
- JOOLA - AN OLYMPIC TABLE TENNIS BRAND TRUSTED FOR 60+ YEARS: Launched in the 1950s, JOOLA has been the proud sponsor of the biggest tournaments in the world, Including the Olympics, World Championships, and US Open. Equipment designed for all levels
- TOURNAMENT QUALITY OUTDOORS: Competition-grade 9x5 foot regulation size ping pong table outdoor. Combines JOOLA's indoor ping pong table quality with outdoor durability. Looks great with any patio set and perfect for your deck, backyard or playground
- NO HASSLE, QUICK SET-UP: Comes 95% pre-assembled. Assembly time: 10 minutes and you’re ready to play! Simply attach the legs with only 8 bolts TOTAL. Tournament grade table tennis net is a classic screw clamp design for easy attachment
- 30mm UNDERCARRIAGE & 3 INCH WHEELS: Tabletop is a durable 6mm thick aluminum plastic composite surface, resistant to warping and chipping. The table sits on a 30mm x 30mm rust-resistant, powder-coated undercarriage. Stored- 62 x 22 x 67 inches
- PLAYBACK MODE & COMPACT STORAGE: Foldable ping pong table separates into 2 independent halves, more portable table tennis table & stores in smaller spaces. Utilizing the automatic anti-tilting locks, easily unfold one table half for solo playback mode
Tabletop Thickness: 6 mm
Tabletop Material: aluminum-plastic composite surface
Dimensions: 30″ (H) x 108″ (L) x 60″ (W)
Other Features: automatic anti-tilt locking devices, adjustable leg levelers, separate folding halves, locking wheels, steel, self-opening legs
The JOOLA NOVA Tennis Table is one of the best outdoor ping pong tables you can find. This comes as no surprise. In the world of ping pong, the Joola brand is synonymous with quality. There are many excellent qualities that put the JOOLA NOVA above the competition.
Designed with durability in mind, the JOOLA NOVA Tennis Table can withstand rain, sun, and snow. The aluminum-plastic surface ensures that the table is resistant to chipping, warping, and corrosion. The table sits atop a 30 x 30 mm rust-resistant, powder-coated undercarriage. The net and post set is also weatherproof.
If you want to practice alone one half of the table can be folded for solo play. You can also fold both halves of the table up and fold 4 of the table legs in. this makes a compact and wheelable unit that can be easily transported and stored away. Whether folded or unfolded, everything locks in place (thanks to automatic anti-tilt locking devices), ensuring stability.
The 3-inch caster wheels of the table are well-made and can lock in place. Each side of the table has 4 wheels and 2 extra legs for stability. These two extra legs can be adjustable independently. These adjustable legs ensure that the table is level even on uneven terrain.
- The JOOLA NOVA offers great value for money.
- This ping pong table is a beautifully designed professional-looking table.
- The JOOLA NOVA is well-made and durable.
- It is easy to set up and fold up.
- There are no cons to this table. (A few people may find it a bit pricey, however, it offers excellent value for money).
Kettler Champ 5.0 Outdoor Ping Pong Table
- WATERPROOF DESIGN - Kettlers table tennis has a non-glare waterproof aluminum top and ALU-TEC climate control underside. ALU-TEC, Kettlers patented technology, covers the tables board in aluminum to make it sturdy and protected against different weather conditions. Dimensions: 108 L x 60 W x 30 H / Weight: 200 pounds.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION - This German-made game table has 2-inch powder coated, galvanized steel legs that resist corrosion. Equipped with 2.25-inch resin apron that prevents warping, it is also engineered to resist damages that harsh sun rays may cause.
- FOLDABLE AND SAFE - This table tennis board features a patented locking mechanism to avoid unintended opening or closing. Enjoy its playback feature if you want to play alone or just want to warm up. Folded Dimensions: 72 x 25 x 64.75 inches
- CONVENIENT WITH FREE ACCESSORIES - Includes 6-inch dual casters with a rubberized surface for a hassle-free transport and storage. Complete with 2 Kettler Halo 5.0 outdoor table tennis rackets, 3 pieces of 3-star balls, and a Kettler premium outdoor cover. The table tennis outdoor table even has convenient paddle and ball holders on the side.
- DAZADI MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - Your product will arrive with all the necessary parts, without defect and/or shipping damage. Well ship new replacement parts or an entirely new table for free. If you still arent satisfied, well give you a full refund. All our items ship for free to your door, but we also offer in-home delivery and assembly for an added fee. Warranty: 5-Year Residential/1-Year Commercial Warranty. Repair or replacement is available during this period at no cost to the purchaser.
Tabletop Thickness: 22 mm
Tabletop Material: Alu-Tec aluminum
Dimensions: 30″ (H) x 108″ (L) x 60″ (W)
Other Features: Comes complete with paddles, 3-star balls, and a cover, separate folding halves, 6-inch dual casters, locking wheels, a patented locking mechanism for the folded halves, storage for bats and balls
The Kettler Champ 5.0 may be costly but it’s one amazing table. As with any sports equipment produced by Kettler, the Champ 5.0 is a top of the line product. This table is easy to move and store. The surface is durable, weatherproof, and non-glare. In terms of price, the Kettler Champ 5.0 is moderately priced. It isn’t overpriced nor is it underpriced. In all, it offers excellent value and functionality.
As expected the Kettler Champ 5.0 has dimensions of 108” x 60” x 30”. As you can see, it is regulation-sized. The galvanized 2-inch powder-coated steel legs are designed to resist corrosion. In addition to this, this German-made tennis table has a 2.25-inch resin apron. This apron prevents the table from warping. This durable table is designed to withstand any and all weather conditions. This is achieved through the implementation of Kettler’s Alu-Tec climate control technology which helps control materials in the table as they expand and contract to changes in the weather.
The Kettler Champ 5.0 is packed with convenient accessories. Some of these accessories include holders to store the balls and paddles. In addition to this, the table can fold up for quick storage. On the subject of convenient storage, the Kettler Champ 5.0 comes with a premium outdoor cover. With the 6-inch dual caster wheels, you can effortlessly move the table. These wheels lock in place. The table also comes with three 3-star balls, and two Kettler Halo 5.0 outdoor table tennis rackets so you can start using the table the moment you acquire it.
- The durable Kettler Champ 5.0 has a thick 22 mm tabletop which guarantees superior bounce.
- The Kettler Champ 5.0 is weatherproof and is resistive to corrosion.
- This is foldable and portable. In addition to this, you can fold just one side if you wish to practice alone.
- It comes with paddles, balls, and even a cover. As such, you can start using the table without the need to acquire all the other pieces of equipment mentioned.
- As a high-quality table, the Kettler Champ 5.0 is quite costly. However, when compared to tables that offer similar quality and features, the Kettler Champ 5.0 is very affordable.
- Assembly time is long.
Kettler Eden Weatherproof Stationary Outdoor Ping Pong Table
- ROBUST WEATHERPROOF TABLE - The 9-feet long Eden table tennis table has an absolutely weatherproof melamine top that can stand any climate and still offer a great bounce and exciting play. Assembled dimensions: 108 L x 60 W x 30 H inches/ Approximate weight: 280 pounds.
- GALVANIZED STEEL LEGS and APRON - Just attach the 4-inch wide rectangular galvanized steel legs with a chrome look powder coat finish to keep this Kettler table upright. Anchor bolts are included and ready to be used to secure the table permanently. The outer edges are protected and supported by a 2-inch galvanized steel apron.
- PERMANENT NET AND POSTS - This game table comes with a permanent net and post system made of galvanized steel. It also has a chrome look powder-coat finish to match the rest of the table.
- PERFECT FOR OUTDOOR USE - Ideal for outdoor recreational areas such as in schools, resorts, apartment complex, parks and camps where it can be on play position all the time. Anchor bolts included.
- WARRANTY - The Eden table tennis table comes with a 10-year warranty on the top and 3-year warranty on all remaining components.
Tabletop Thickness: 10 mm
Tabletop Construction: weatherproof melamine top with anti-glare coating
Dimension: 30″ (H) x 108″ (L) x 60″ (W)
Other Features: galvanized steel legs and apron, permanent net and post system made of galvanized steel, anchor bolts, permanent ready-to-play position
While all the tables reviewed previously are mobile and movable thanks to the several wheels present, the Kettler Eden works better affixed to a single spot. The Eden is a strong robust table with a 10-year warranty. The quality of this table is unmatched. The lack of mobility is not a negative, rather it is a plus. This is why. If you want a table you must be bolted down for many people to use, the Kettler Eden is your best bet.
The table itself is robust and weatherproof. The table has a weatherproof melamine top which also ensures great bounce. Just like the Kettler Champ 5.0, the table is regulation-sized and as such has dimensions of 5 feet wide by 9 feet long by 30 inches high. The legs are 4 inches wide and are constructed from galvanized steel. The table has a 2-inch thick steel apron. The legs can be bolted down thanks to the anchor bolts present.
As with the rest of the table, the net and posts have an element of permanency to them. The net and post system cannot be taken down and is constructed with galvanized steel. Like the rest of the table, it features a chrome powder-coat finish.
The Kettler Eden is designed to be used at places such as schools, resorts, college bars, and other establishments. The table comes with a 10-year warranty for the top and 3-year warranty for the rest of the parts.
- Made with galvanized steel, the Kettler Eden is made to last.
- The Kettler Eden can be bolted down effortlessly thanks to the anchor bolts present.
- It has a long and comprehensive warranty that covers the entire table.
- It will last for several decades.
- The Kettler Eden is an expensive table.
- PERFECT ADDITION TO ANY OUTDOOR PATIO SET - Durable outdoor table tennis table perfect for the patio or garage
- BUILT TO LAST - Specifically designed and manufactured to withstand the elements.
- ALL-WEATHER PERFORMANCE - Aluminum composite top offers great playability with all-weather performance
- QUICKPLAY DESIGN - 10-minute QuickPlay design comes 95% preassembled out of the box for quick and easy setup
- SIMPLE STORAGE - Effortlessly folds into an ultra-compact storage position in seconds with self-opening legs
Tabletop Thickness: 6 mm
Tabletop Construction: Aluminum composite
Dimension: 30″ (H) x 108″ (L) x 60″ (W)
Other Features: separate folding halves, eight 3-inch rollaway wheels, locking wheels, 1.25″ (32mm) welded steel legs
The Stiga XTR is one of the best outdoor ping pong table selections on the market. This is down to its affordability and durability. While it may not be as expensive as other high-end tables such as the Kettler Champ 5.0 and the Cornilleau – 500M, the Stiga XTR performs admirably.
As with all the tables reviewed this table is of regulation size, with dimensions of 5 ft by 9 ft by 30 inches. The surface is 6 mm thick and is composed of water-resistant aluminum composite. This protects the table from the elements. The frame of the table is made of steel so are the 1.25-inch square legs.
The Stiga XTR features eight 3-inch rollaway wheels that can be locked in place. This ensures that the table can be easily moved once it is folded up. As with the several other tables reviewed, the Stiga XTR’s tabletop is made of two separate halves that can be folded up for quick storage. Also, the table can be placed in a playback position if you ever wish to practice.
Assembling the Stiga XTR is rather quick. Expect to have the table ready for a game in as little as 10 to 15 minutes. Now compare that to the Kettler Champ 5.0 which can take up to 2 hours to ser up. The Stiga XTR is a decent table and it is perfect for casual games.
- While not a high-end table, the Stiga XTR is well-built and will last for several years (and decades even). It is weatherproof and of sturdy construction.
- Easy to store and move.
- It offers excellent value for money.
- It is heavier than its competitors. As such, it is sturdier.
- The Stiga XTR doesn’t offer as many features as some of the tables already reviewed.
Other Ping Pong Resources
- Best midsize and mini ping pong tables
- Ping pong tips for improving your game
- Best ping pong robot for extra practice at home
Best Outdoor Ping Pong Table – Final Thoughts
There are many tables to choose from. However, when choosing the best outdoor ping pong table, the two main things to consider carefully are the durability of the table and the size. Many people go for regulation-sized tables.
This offers the unique advantage of uniformity. Outdoor tables must be durable. It has to be able to withstand weather conditions including high humidity levels, harsh sunlight and windy conditions. If you want a permanently affixed table, then a table such as the Kettler Eden is your best choice. Since most people prefer tables can be easily moved inside when there’s bad weather, foldable tables with wheels are popular.
Foldable tables such as the Stiga XTR and the JOOLA NOVA can easily be folded up and wheeled into the garage when not in use. Foldable tables can also be easily folded into a playback position if you ever wish to practice.
The products reviewed here are the best outdoor ping pong choices on the market. Not only are they durable, but also they are packed with several convenient features.
Last update on 2022-06-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API