Last Updated on August 10, 2020 by Jake
For anybody who is serious or looking to improve their table tennis game, a ping pong robot is one of the absolute best aids to help you improve.
Think about it, to get good practice in you need a partner who is of equal skill level as you or better to truly get better. A good playing partner isn’t always available. You can get basic reps in by folding the other half of your table up, but I wouldn’t exactly count that as quality practice.
With the best ping pong robot, you can get quality practice in whenever and wherever you want, so long as you have a ping pong table. We’ve done the research and testing, and in the rest of this post we’ll go over our picks for the best ping pong robot. If you stay until the end, we’ll go over some buying tips for you as well to help with your search.
In a Rush? Here’s Our Top Picks:
|ZXMOTO Ping Pong Robot Machine with 36 Different Spin Balls Table Tennis Robots Automatic Ball Machine for Training||Check Price on Amazon|
|CHAOFAN 36 Spins Ping Pong Ball Machine with Automatic Table Tennis Machine for Training||Check Price on Amazon|
|ZXMOTO Table Tennis Robot with Catch Net Automatic Ping Pong Robot Machine for Training||Check Price on Amazon|
|iPong Original Table Tennis Trainer Robot||Check Price on Amazon|
|Newgy Table Tennis Robot||Check Price on Amazon|
Best Ping Pong Robot Reviews
ZXMOTO Ping Pong Robot Machine with 36 Different Spin Balls Table Tennis Robots Automatic Ball Machine
- ①Ping pong robot can deliver 36 kinds of spinning ball, easy installation, no equipment, small and convenient to carry. ☛※NOTE: ⑴Please use the INTERNATIONAL STANDARD balls with diameter of 40mm (1.57 inches). ⑵Please note that you must use more than 15 balls to use this machine. If there are less than 15 balls, the ball will not come out.
- ②Set up easy.Fill the serving machine set ball container with table tennis and hold approximately 110 ping-pong balls.(ping-pong balls no included.)
- ③Double-end serve (optional single serve), falling point is not fixed. You can generate top spin, backspin, as well as any combination of those and sidespin.
- ④Different spinning gears can be used to create different spinning balls.
- ⑤Adjust the position of the machine according to your own preferences. ※ONE-YEAR WARRANTY,starting from the purchase date of the order,if there is a product quality problem in the case of normal use within one year, we will help solve it.
Our top pick for best ping pong robot goes to the ZXMOTO Ping Pong Robot Machine for a few different reasons, but mostly because it’s a complete product at a great price.
The robot can deliver 36 kinds of spinning balls, and has a large hopper with over 100 ping pong ball capacity. You can generate topspin, backspin, sidespin, or any combination thereof to get the exact kind of practice you want.
Set up also couldn’t be easier, the entire unit is quite straightforward and you can basically start using it right out of the box. All you have to do is clamp on the unit and plug it in. All of the functions are also controlled by a remote controller which is intuitive and easy to use.
Another great thing that I always like to see is that a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty is included. That’s a signal that ZXMOTO stands behind the quality of their product, and on the off chance that your product breaks down, your investment is covered.
CHAOFAN 36 Spins Ping Pong Ball Machine with Automatic Table Tennis Machine for Training
- Large capacity, it will accommodate about 110 table tennis
- Easy to install and used,We provide instructions and detailed instructions
- New table tennis serving machine to configure the wired remote control to allow you to better operate the use of various functions! You can have no need to leave the table
- According to your own preferences, adjust the position of the machine
- Best machine for tranning and have fun with your teams,family and friends
The Chaofan 36 Spins Ping Pong Ball Machine gets our runner up pick for best ping pong robot because it’s very well made and has all of the features you’d like to see from the top practice equipment.
Most notably, the capacity of the hopper is huge (especially considering the profile of the product) and can fit about 110 balls at once. That’s a great feature so that you don’t have to constantly refill during those long training or practice sessions.
You can also easily adjust angles, tilts and outcoming ball spin to customize your training experience. A remote control allows you to control many of these features from the other side of the table.
On top of all of that, the instructions and set up are super straight forward. So there’s not complicated steps to follow, you can basically pull it out of the box and start playing. The only reason we put it behind the ZXMOTO is because it’s slightly more expensive. You can’t go wrong with either though!
ZXMOTO Table Tennis Robot with Catch Net Automatic Ping Pong Robot Machine for Training
- 🏓①ZXMOTO Ping pong robot allows you to better operational use of the various functions of the machine.You can leave the ping pong table. Please use the INTERNATIONAL STANDARD balls with diameter of 40mm (1.57 inches)
- 🏓②Will set the ball containers filled with ping-pong and accommodates approximately 120 table tennis balls (40mm balls).
- 🏓③Reverse the spin button,and most suitable for their own spin to theball.
- 🏓④Reverse frequency button modulation frequencies best suited to his serve.
- 🏓⑤According to their own preferences,adjust the location of the machine.
If we’re strictly talking about quality and features, I don’t think there is a better set up than the ZXMOTO Table Tennis Robot with Catch Net. The only reason we don’t have it as our top pick for best ping pong robot is because it’s on the expensive side. If you have the cash that’s great! We just like to balance price and features on all of our reviews.
Basically, the robot itself has got all of the same features as the stand alone version – although this hopper has a 120 ball capacity. You can customize the spin, angle, and speed of your shots with the convenience of a remote control.
Where this set is different is the catch net and gathering system. When set up properly, the net will catch, gather, and funnel balls back into the hopper for perpetual practice. Even when you’re through, it makes clean up quite a bit easier as you don’t have to chase balls all over the room!
It’s easy to see why this is a top choice for those serious about table tennis practice. It has everything you need, it’s just on the pricier side.
iPong Original Table Tennis Trainer Robot
- Table tennis robot for training without a partner
- Adjustable spin settings: topspin and underspin
- Holds up to 110 balls; Casts balls at an adjustable frequency (12 to 70 balls per minute)
- Assembly time: under a minute; Includes iPong, remote control, A/C adapter, instruction manual
- Compatible Accessories: 40mm and 40+ balls, iPong ball catch net, iPong ball pickup net, iPong tilt stand, iPong targets
If you’re on a budget, definitely check out the iPong Original Table Tennis Trainer Robot. Due to its low price, it gets our vote for the best ping pong robot for the money.
It’s missing some of the features you’d expect from a more expensive model, but it has more than enough features to get the job done if you’re a more casual player.
As far as spin settings go, you can adjust between topspin and backspin. You can also customize the frequency at which balls are projected at you. The machine can range anywhere from 12 to 70 shots per minute. Instead of clamping on the end of your table, it has a flat base so you get to choose where to set it up.
Additionally, it comes with a remote control and a hopper that can hold upwards of 100 balls. All in all if you are in the market for a simple, straightforward robot at a great price, it would be hard to do better than the iPong.
Newgy Table Tennis Robot
- Updated to handle 40+ balls and Comes with 48 2 Star 40+ balls. Play ping-pong with Robo-Pong - by yourself or with family and friends - to improve your game, get a great workout or just for fun
- Analog controls for ball speed, frequency and oscillation; recycling net System with side nets
- Available spins: topspin, backspin, left sidespin, right sidespin, combination spin
- Available shot selection: push, chop, serve, counter, Lob, fast loop
- Fits all standard ping-pong tables, and is easy to set-up, take down, store and Transport
The Newgy Table Tennis Robot is well known in the table tennis community for its quality. This is another product that is completely packed with features and we don’t really have anything bad to say about it. The only downside is that it’s quite expensive.
But, if you are buying for a table tennis club or seriously trying to improve your game, it would be hard to do better. You have controls for speed, oscillation, and frequency. From there, you can also customize sidespin, backspin, topspin, and any combination thereof.
You can also simulate different types of shots at the press of the button. Push, chop, serve, counter, lob, and fast loop shots can all be practiced at the press of a button. It also comes with 48 premium practice balls – so you don’t have to worry about a separate purchase.
The unit and catch net are all super easy to set up, take down, and transport or store when not in use. A bunch of training materials are included to make operations as easy as possible, as well as to give you lots of ideas to best utilize the machine.
What to Look For When Buying a Ping Pong Robot
As you can tell, the best ping pong robot can be quite the investment. With that in mind, we wanted to list out a few helpful things to pay attention to when you shop around.
Note – if you’re looking for other ways to improve your game, check out our post on 25 ping pong tips to help you get better.
Probably the most important thing to look at is what kinds of shots can your robot simulate? It’s important to think here too about what your objective is with your practice. Are you trying to compete at a high level? Or do you just want to improve your game to have more fun with family and friends?
If your intentions are more serious, you’ll probably want a ping pong robot that can simulate all sorts of shots. Serves, topspin, backspin, sidespin, lobs, drops, and more. Some of the less expensive units don’t have that sort of capability.
Hopper size is an important consideration when thinking about how long you practice at any given time. If you like to get any more than 15 minutes of nonstop practice in, you’re going to want a hopper that holds at least 100 balls. Anything less and you’ll have to refill it an obnoxious amount of times.
A catch net is a luxury that is really hard to live without after you’ve experienced it once. A catch net accomplishes two things.
First, it catches all of your returned shots and keeps the balls from flying all over the room. This means tear down and clean up takes considerably less time compared to not having a net.
The second reason catch nets are great is that most of them funnel balls back into the hopper. So with a proper catch net system, you could practice for hours on end without having to stop if that’s what you wanted to do.
I mentioned this earlier in the article, but be on the lookout for a warranty. Any time you’re buying expensive equipment – especially that involves electronics – it’s a good idea to make sure the manufacturer provides a warranty just in case something goes wrong.
There you go! That’s our list of the best ping pong robot reviews and buying tips. Let us know which one you decided to go with in the comments section below.
Looking for more game room ideas? Check out our post of over 100 ideas for your game room right here.
Last update on 2022-05-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API