Last Updated on July 29, 2020 by Jake
One of my favorite things as a kid was going to arcades like Dave and Busters. The best part was playing countless different games that I couldn’t play at home. Games like arcade basketball, racing games, and most of all, Skee Ball. Skee Ball is an addicting game of skill played by rolling a ball up an incline, over a ball hop, and into targets worth different amounts of points.
Unbeknownst to me until recently, you can actually play Skee Ball at home! Nowadays, there are a handful of manufacturers that make in home Skee Ball arcade style games. If you’re anything like me, the idea of an in home Skee Ball machine sounds like a total blast. Below you’ll see our reviews on the best Skee Ball machine for home and a buyer’s guide to help you find the best model:
In a Hurry? Here’s Our Top Picks:
|BARRINGTON Roll and Score Game Set, 10’||View on Amazon|
|Lancaster 108 Inch Classic Arcade Roll and Score, Skee Ball Game Machine Table||View on Amazon|
|Hathaway Boardwalk 8-ft Arcade Ball Table for Family Game Rooms with LED Track Lighting, Scratch-Resistant Playfield||View on Amazon|
|Ready AIM and Throw! 9 Ft. Roll and Score Table||View on Amazon|
|Hot Shot 8-ft Arcade Ball Table||View on Amazon|
Best Skee Ball Machine Reviews
BARRINGTON Roll and Score Game Set
Best Vintage Skee Ball Machine
- A MODERN TWIST ON AN OLD-TIME CLASSIC: Among our extensive collection of premium, recreational games and equipment, we are proud to include our speedball machines. This equipment contains modern technology without sacrificing its traditional feel.
- RUSTIC DESIGN: We recreated the essence and aesthetics of the original ball scoring game. Accented with distressed oak wood with iron metal trimming, legs and net, this table is as much a designer piece as it is high-performing sports equipment.
- HIGH-TECH FEATURES: Our ball hop game features a quick-response, automatic ball return, a slick and unblemished ramp, and comes equipped with a jumbo scorer, LED lights, and sound effects to incite excitement - especially among children and teens.
- INCREDIBLY VERSATILE: Whether you are looking for a creative way to enjoy family game night, need to jazz up your basement, or just want to add antique decorative pieces to a room in your house, our ball hop bowling set is a unique, practical option.
- THE BARRINGTON PROMISE: We want you to love our roll-and-score machine ball game. If you aren’t 100% satisfied or there is a defect, return it within 90 days for a full refund or replacement. We want you to love our gaming equipment as much as we do.
When it comes to the details you want in the best Skee Ball table, the Barrington Roll and Score hits the nail on the head on just about everything. This machine has all of the modern features you want while maintaining a rustic, elegant look. It’s 10 feet long so it has a full game feel to it.
The machine is designed with distressed oak and iron trimming to give a vintage aesthetic. The legs are industrially designed to maximize stability. A dark metal cage encloses the scoring area which prevents balls from flying across the room. In the right game room, your machine could look more like a designer piece than a Skee Ball game.
Features wise the Barrington is kitted with a quick-response, automatic ball return which minimizes time between games. At the top of the cage is a LED display with automatic scoring and a sound system that plays effects when good shots are made.
All in all, it’s hard to argue with the merits of this machine. It gets our vote for the best Skee Ball machine for adults due to the mature look of the wood. However, it’s definitely a great option for kids as well!
Lancaster Classic Arcade Roll and Score Game
- FAMILY FUN: Packed with family fun, this classic arcade game is great for family gatherings, parties, or a competitive game night
- GAMEPLAY: Roll balls down the alley and try to get them in 1 of the bulls-eye target rings and includes 4 balls
- ARCADE: Bring the feel of the arcade to your home with its LED electronic scorer, sound effects, and push-button controls. Feels arcade authentic with a clear acrylic cover over the target and blacklight lighting
- AUTOMATIC: Features an automatic, built-in ball return that sends the balls back to you no matter what
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Made sturdy with a wood grain finish to create a beautiful piece of furniture or decoration when not in use
Lancaster is a reputable manufacturer of game room tables, and they also make one of the best Skee Ball table products. Their table is 9 feet long and has a classic vibe to it. The majority of the table is made of wood with plastic accents. LED lights brighten up the score board and illuminate the scoring areas on the machine. A clear acrylic cover encloses the scoring area for safety.
The Lancaster Skee Ball table also has an automatic ball return and built in sound effects. Easy push buttons are also featured for ease of use for kids. Due to the slightly more compact size and ease of use, the Lancaster gets our vote for best Skee Ball machine for families. It’s couldn’t be easier to use for kids while still being fun for adults. Best part is, it’s got by far one of the most reasonable price points of any machine on this list.
Hathaway Boardwalk 8-ft Arcade Ball Table
- FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY – Enjoy classic arcade ball in your game room or office with this handsome table from Hathaway. Kids will love its smooth play and competitive two-player mode. Adults will love its vintage look and durable construction.
- STUNNING DESIGN – The Boardwalk’s gorgeous cabinet features a rich, oak melamine surface that is sure to delight the eye. Its high-gloss playfield features LED side lighting and sleek, modern targets. Digital sound effects add a vintage touch.
- BUILT TO LAST – Quality, engineered wood construction ensures long-lasting durability and stability. The Boardwalk’s high-quality net ensures that balls stay in play, keeping the fun rolling at a crisp, competitive pace.
- 180-DAY WARRANTY - Your table comes with a 180-day manufacturer warranty. We promise that it will arrive damage free with all necessary parts and accessories. Otherwise, we’ll send replacement parts or an entirely new table at no cost to you.
- DIMENSIONS - Playing surface: 63-in L x 21.25-in W; Table dimensions: 99-in L x 25-3/4-in W x 53-in H. ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: (6) 2.5-in semi-soft playing balls
Hathaway is another reputable company that offers a Skee Ball table product. Their version is a great option if your game room is tight on space. At only 8 feet long, the Hathaway Boardwalk Skee Ball table is definitely more compact than the other machines on this list. It is NOT a full size arcade style table.
With that being said though, it’s still constructed with quality materials. It has a wood frame and a scratch resistant poly sealed, glossy playing surface. Similar to other models on this list, it has built in electronic scoring and sound effects to create an exciting environment to play in.
Another fun feature – this table has a built in 2 player game mode, meaning you can easily play in teams! Great fun for the family or your kids.
Ready Aim and Throw! Roll and Score Table
Best Skee Ball Machine for the Money
At first glance, the low price of the MD Sports Ready Aim Throw! Skee Ball Table may lead some to believe that it isn’t high quality. Frankly, that just isn’t the case. Despite the great price point, this machine is very well built by a reputable manufacturer.
The table is 9 feet long, so it’s a great length for adults and kids to enjoy equally. As with any other good Skee Ball machine, it comes equipped with LED lighting in the target area, on the scoreboard, and has built in sound effects.
MD Sports gets our vote for best Skee Ball table under $500 and is a perfect option for family game night.
Hot Shot 8-ft Arcade Ball Table
Best Skee Ball Machine for Kids
- 2-Player electronic scoring system
- Scratch resistant poly sealed 5/8-in. MDF playing surface with sight line graphics
- Space Saving folding design
- Molded ABS scoring rings
- Leg stabilizers with non-skid pads
When it comes to a Skee Ball table designed purely for kids, I point people to the Hot Shot Arcade Ball Table. At only 8 feet long it’s not an arcade style Skee Ball machine, but it more than gets the point across for kids.
The Hot Shot comes with a very basic electronic scoring system and no sound effects upon scoring. One nice thing is that it’s designed to fold up and store. As you can imagine for a Skee Ball table, that means the quality of materials isn’t going to be as great as it could be. MDF and basic plastics are the primary materials with which this table is constructed.
Skee-Ball Centennial Alley Game
Best Skee Ball Machine…but
- EXCITING ARCADE GAME FOR YOUR HOME - Bring the thrill of the arcade to your home game room. Skee-ball alley dimensions: 31 W x 155 D 82 H inches / Weight: 550 pounds.
- ORIGINAL CLASSIC DESIGN â This skeeball machine features a hand-finished oak exterior, flip-style score display and a full handle activation lever to evoke a retro 1930s style look.
- SIMPLE AND STURDY - The skee ball game uses a single ball system and front net assembly. This keeps the game simple and fun while the polycarbonate resin display and channel cover guarantees durability.
- WARRANTY AND FREE SHIPPING - Get a 1-year manufacturer warranty and free shipping when you order from Dazadi.
Holy smokes! That price tag. It’s very high. Now, there are good reasons for this, but for 99% of the world (including me) this machine is out of budget. But if you can afford it, you will be handsomely rewarded with a stunning piece for your game room.
You’ll notice the other products on this list don’t actually have the words Skee-Ball in their title. While the table designs are for the exact same game, Skee-Ball is actually it’s own trademarked brand. So with this table, you are buying a truly authentic Skee-Ball machine. Not only that, but it’s a limited release model celebrating the 100th anniversary of Skee-Ball! A truly incredible piece for any fan of the game.
Aside from that, it’s hand crafted with oak and has many retro features, such as a handle action lever. Not surprisingly with something this elegant and expensive, the manufacturer includes a nice warranty on the machine so you can purchase with confidence. Head and shoulders, it’s our vote for the best Skee Ball machine on this list – but again, the price tag will be a major turn off for many.
Skee Ball Machine Buyer’s Guide
Some of this buyer’s guide has already been touched on in the reviews above, but there are a few things that I think are very important to reiterate when it comes to making a buying decision.
What is the Skee Ball Machine Made Of?
First and foremost, the best skee ball machine will be built with quality materials. Many skee ball tables are quite expensive, so you want to make sure your investment lasts. On top of that, cheap building materials will create an inconsistent playfield for the game itself. That’s an incredibly frustrating outcome that you want to avoid.
With that in mind, it may be worth it to buy a slightly more expensive skee ball machine that is made from higher quality materials.
Ultimately, any furniture piece that you buy needs to be an aesthetic fit in your game room. Do you have a rustic, retro, modern, or futuristic vibe going on? Or none of the above? All of those are things to consider when thinking about buying the best skee ball machine for you.
As mentioned above, skee ball machines come in many different sizes, colors, and materials. Many have different patterns of LED lighting that illuminate the playing field, all of which are highly visible from other areas of your game room. With that in mind, try your best to visualize how the style of the skee ball machine fits into your game room.
How much space does a Skee Ball table use? It depends on the model, but Skee Ball tables are typically about 10 feet tall, 2.5 feet wide, and 4 feet tall (10′ x 2.5′ x 4′). This is obviously something to consider before making a purchase.
The nice thing about these dimensions is that they can fit into spaces that might be awkward for other activities. It’s super easy to put a Skee Ball table up against a wall – it doesn’t inhibit players ability to play the game at all.
Who Are the Primary Players?
Are you buying for adults or kids? Or both? The answer to that question shapes which table you should be looking to purchase. The best Skee Ball machine for adults is not necessarily the same as the best skee ball machine for kids. Generally speaking, cheaper models are better for kids and mid to high priced models are more fun for adult usage.
New vs Used Skee Ball Machine
If you are really into vintage skee ball machines but can’t swallow the steep price tag of a new machine, used is a great route to go. Often times you can check Craigslist or eBay and find deals on used Skee Ball machines that will make a great addition to your game room.
Looking For More Arcade Style Games?
We hope you’ve enjoyed our list and now have the knowledge to go find the best skee ball machine for you. If there are any models you feel like we left out, please let me know in the comments section below.
Need ideas for your game room? Check out our mega post with over 100 ideas to enhance your game room! You should also check out our combo table reviews and shuffleboard table reviews if you want something to compliment a new Skee Ball table!
Last update on 2021-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API